Special Accommodations for Biometrics Appointment

Stan77

I am a resident alien that has recently renewed my permanent resident card. I have received the letter with my biometrics appointment, which I've had to reschedule several times now. The problem is that I am a caregiver for two disabled family members. I've actually gotten Medicare approval to be their official caregiver. They are both homebound, one suffers from seizures. In the past two years I am equally homebound because I can't leave them at all. We even have grocery delivery. So, this makes attending my biometrics appointment 2 hours away extremely difficult. It means I will be away from home at least 5 hours. I don't know anyone else that is capable of caregiving them while I'm away. I'd have to hire a nurse, or someone experienced with seizures. However, this is not really an option as I have no money to hire anyone. I quit work to be a caregiver and we barely survive off social security disability income.

I know that INS has special accommodations for an actual disabled person, but are there any other exceptions to the need to visit the office in person? I really need some help in figuring out what to do in this situation.