SPAM: San Jose Area waiters

goodsaint

Registered Users (C)
How about having an informal get together, perhaps lunch or something. It could be a good networking opportunity to all of us.

I was aproved on Mar 31st, but after having waited for almost 36 months, I think I qualify for admission !

I like the idea.

-Ramakriya

I think Kashmir would be really happy if the "venue" for networking would have been a townhall meeting instead of "Udupi" or "Saravana Bhavan" or "Madras Cafe" or ....

Originally posted by goodsaint
How about having an informal get together, perhaps lunch or something. It could be a good networking opportunity to all of us.

Sounds like a good idea. Count me in.

Will be interesting, will get a chance to put faces to names and give everyone a chance to get on their soap boxes and cry on each other's shoulders.

But the networking part sounds good! :) Might as well get some benefit from these long delays and interesting friendships! :)

Time : Weekend /noon
Venue: Some park in/around San Jose
(each can bring something to eat/drink)

OR

Time: weekday /lunch time
Venue: some restaurant in Sunnyvale/Mountain View/ Santa Clara (or some central location)

cons: everybody will be in rush to get back to office.

Please vote.

Weekend would be better.

Otherwise it will be a big rush especially if people r not very close to meeting area.

I vote for weekday lunch because of my usual family obligations on weekends (I have a wife and 2 kids)

Weekday might be difficult, due to people working in different places. Park is not a bad idea, and if enough people are willing, we could always take it to a bar. (Gotto drown those sorrows!)

Guys,
Coffee at some starbucks might work even better. This way
we will get more time to talk.

If we do lunch we will be eating most of the time. I like the
starbucks style meetings.

We reach some starbucks around 5.00pm or 5.30pm and
then chat for an hour. This way we only have to leave offices
early.

I do this often with my friends and I just go to work at 8am
in the morning on the days that I do this.

Anyway, count me in. If I could see Kashmir I could discuss
Project Anaconda with him. :). Need to resurrect that Project
and get us some wac 02 reports.

And this timing usually suits everyone. Thursday evening
works out much better.

Besides , its easy to agree over starbucks than some restaurant.

What do you say?

desi-bartender,

Excellent plan, I very much prefer evenings as compared to lunch, I can always take off a little early, but taking time out during lunch is difficult.

I would like to discuss a more focussed plan of putting pressure on the INS. We have started a bay area yahoo groups with some dedicated members, and are looking for a few more people to join in so we can take action as a group.

Not to mention the fund collecting! :)

Weekday evening is also fine.

Starbucks sounds good too.
Hopefully we can meet a little late in the evening, rather than 5.00 as then again, we would have to leave much early, especially coz of the traffic.

Weekday evening is a good idea

Starbucks on a week-day evenig is a good idea. But I think it should not be a problem if we make it little late too. We are right now in day light saving time and with these hot days around, it should be OK even to meet at around 6:30pm. Y'day I was in a park for a walk at 6:30pm and it was still hot, so 5:30pm may not be a good time.

I suggest 6:30pm and a starbucks with enough space to accomodate 10 to 15 people.

and count me in.

Starbucks on weekday sounds good to me.

Borders at McCarthy in Milpitas is also a good central location. Its a nice place.

Can we pick a day and location?

How about this Thursday(04/29) @ 6 PM(?) at Borders in Milpitas (McCarthy Ranch)?