Sorry...Citizenship Civic test question.

sanjay73

Registered Users (C)
I sincerely apologize for asking this, but i am not quite sure if i understand it correctly. Sorry Bob, can you please explain it to me once more.

I am getting ready to read the questions. Do i have to memorize all of the answers in the scenario below

1) what does the constitution do

sets up...
defines the....
protects the ....

In the above scenario , i can just remember one answer correct ?

2) Whereever the questions says, can you name one... Even though the questions has 5-6 options, i remember one and tell them the answer correct ?

Thanks everyone for helping me understand this.

I sincerely apologize for asking this, but i am not quite sure if i understand it correctly. Sorry Bob, can you please explain it to me once more.

I am getting ready to read the questions. Do i have to memorize all of the answers in the scenario below

sets up...
defines the....
protects the ....

2) Whereever the questions says, can you name one... Even though the questions has 5-6 options, i remember one and tell them the answer correct ?

Sanjay,

Anyone you remember is fine, as long as it is correct. Good luck...:D

Yes, ANY ONE of the valid answer can be provided when NAME ONE is asked.
In some cases, they ask for TWO (such as states bordering Canada), then you answer two.

Find the FLASH cards for easier memorization ... No need to print, you can see them on a laptop by masking the right side by a paper.

Thanks, one more question

for any question that does not say, Name one... or can you name 2 and if that specific question has 3 or more answers do we have to remember all 3 ?

sets up...
defines the....
protects the ....

Correct, you only need to remember one in that scenario.

If the question asks to name one, then you only need to remember one of the 5-6 options the question may have.

Does IO ask you civic questions verbaly or in writing? If writing, is it 4 answer test that you need pick one or you have to write the answers for each question?

Civic test is verbal. The IO has a pre-cooked questionnaire ... it is not the same for everyone, and I suspect they have 20 odd variations, they strictly follow the questionnaire. As soon as you hit 6 correct (for me it was 7 correct in a row for some reason), they are supposed to stop, and close it. For each answer, they are expected to record the answer in front of you.

Actually, come to think of it ... maybe my IO was doing a charade ... while he seemed to acknowledge all answers, at the end he pulled out an answer key and matched my marked answers (which he marked) to his answer key. Maybe that's why the 7th question. He did tell me that he is supposed to mark and match in this fashion.

Apart from the civic test, you will be asked to write a sentence which is dictated by the IO. And you will be asked to read a sentence which is already written (do not recall whether this is pre-printed or written by IO).

Usually not that hard if you have read the book / flash cards 2-3 times, and know good english. Of all the options, although you remember them all the correct verbiage is hard to remember, at least one option sticks in your mind with the right verbiage.

Civics and English Test at Interview

sets up...
defines the....
protects the ....

Please check out this:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/100q.pdf

OR

You can borrow a DVD (Your Road to Passing the U.S. Citizenship Test) from your local libray. It has 100 questions with answers. You can relax and watch this.

The Civics test/English test will be pretty easy. The IO will ask 10 questions or sometimes officer may stop asking after 6 questions (if you answer all correctly). It happend in my spouse interview.

The English test (reading and writing) is very basic. You will be asked to read a printed sentence and will be asked to write a simple sentence (eg. citizens can vote). Do not worry about these tests but be prepared for the actual questionnaire on your N-400 application. Good luck!

Please check out this:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/100q.pdf

OR

You can borrow a DVD (Your Road to Passing the U.S. Citizenship Test) from your local libray. It has 100 questions with answers. You can relax and watch this.

The Civics test/English test will be pretty easy. The IO will ask 10 questions or sometimes officer may stop asking after 6 questions (if you answer all correctly). It happend in my spouse interview.

The English test (reading and writing) is very basic. You will be asked to read a printed sentence and will be asked to write a simple sentence (eg. citizens can vote). Do not worry about these tests but be prepared for the actual questionnaire on your N-400 application. Good luck!

Sudha,

Any reason why you haven't received Oath Letter/Date yet?

Is this the entire list of questions to study? I thought there would be 100Q's for Civics & 100 for History:confused:

Thanks,
speedy

You'll also have to write "I want to become a USC" 100 times in full cursive style.:D

More seriously, those are the only 100 questions to the civics and history segment.

what ?????????????????????

REALLY.....Oh, the book that you get when you go for FP is that all we have to study...

Bob, thank you so much....You should know this statement below:

I dont have enough words to thank you for all your tips and suggestions !!!!

Sudha,

Any reason why you haven't received Oath Letter/Date yet?

I have not got oath letter or date yet because there were some discrepancies in my tax returns of 07. I filed amended tax returns and waiting for IRS response. Hopefully I will get response in a week and submit the paper to USCIS. My name change process is also in progress. I need to submit both documents.

I sincerely apologize for asking this :confused:, but i am not quite sure if i understand it correctly...........

Don't apologize for asking questions in a public forum!

1-In answering questions, I would answer precisely what was asked.

2-If unsure I would ask IO for clarification.

Good luck.

Is it OK to answer before the IO finish the complete sentence?

Example:

the IO: "What are the first 10...."
The applicant:"Bill of Rights".

The IO get mad: "I am not done yet. How do you know I am not asking "what are the first 10 words of the declaration of indepdence?"?

Is it OK to answer before the IO finish the complete sentence?

Example:

the IO: "What are the first 10...."
The applicant:"Bill of Rights".

The IO get mad: "I am not done yet. How do you know I am not asking "what are the first 10 words of the declaration of indepdence?"?

The IO will likely ask you to wait before he/she has finished asking the question.