• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Something Wrong With Online DV2010 Result Check!

The website does not work properly!

I received the NL in June and sent the paperwork to KC last week...However when I enter the info on the website to check status it gives me this message: Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2010 Electronic Diversity Visa program...strange, isn't it?!

Same thing with me!!!

I was selected and got the right info as below;

Dear Selectee,

Based on the information and confirmation number provided, you should have received a letter by mail from the United States Department of State’s Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) notifying you that your Diversity Visa entry was selected in the DV-2010 lottery.

If you have not received a letter instructing you how to proceed by August 1, 2009, please contact KCC by email at kccdv@state.gov.

Please remember that you do not have to pay until you apply for a visa at a U.S. consulate or embassy. The U.S. government will not ask you to send money by mail or by courier service.

One reason might be that in the US is still June 30 at the time I'm writing these lines....let's wait until tomorrow, July 1st (US time) !

For those who are selected & can't have the right info please check if all the details are filled correctly. It can as well be a prob with the website though not that certain.

Dear godheart
I guess your CN is very low might less 10000 so system can find your record at this time

07/07/2009 update
this working now

Last edited by a moderator:
Please, use internet explorer to check your status,
it does'nt work for me in google chrome
But in IE, everything is allright (for me)

is there someone here unable to check his status because of high CN?

Please, use internet explorer to check your status,
it does'nt work for me in google chrome
But in IE, everything is allright (for me)

is there someone here unable to check his status because of high CN?

Yes my CN is more than 20000 and not find any record

I don't think is too many people cause an error the webiste has been supported less million people to apply DV GN every year

I found some difference between US EST 12:00 the system check tablet has been modified
so it maybe fix the problems or system still updating data cause an error

extremely slow bandwidth on server side, probably due to high number of visits. and as of July 1st 4AM EST, the website keeps returning error messages right after the CAPTCHA entry. :-(

one question: if you're selected but didn't receive the letter (I moved in the time frame i was expecting the Notificaiton letter and the USPS didn't forward all my mail and might have 'returned to sender' some of it, because it takes 2 weeks to set up mail forwarding), what should i do if i'm selected? will they really answer to the email address they're providing? seems like a very generic email address to me, no?

i got error 5 times! people are logging in from around the world and i think its causing their servers to crash.

i got error 5 times! people are logging in from around the world and i think its causing their servers to crash.

yep, they've obviously underestimated the traffic. if anything, this proves their 'winners-only notification letter' system is quite pathetic, because all those (like me) who didn't receive a letter still hope it might've got lost in the mail, which is something quite common, especially in third-world countries. They should computerize the whole thing and simply notify by email both winner sand losers, with then a link to connect to a server for winners only. at least it'll save them some major cost in bandwidth.