• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Something Wrong With Online DV2010 Result Check!

VahidGTU

Registered Users (C)
My Friends,
I checked the DVlottery Online result check for DV 2010 BUT unfortunately something is wrong! The site wants you to enter Confirmation Number, Family and Date of Birth for showing you the result But when you enter any of those three parameter(Confirmation, ...) wrong, then the site show you the same result!!!

Here is the funny message that they show you:
"Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2010 Electronic Diversity Visa program.
Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the Return to Entrant Status Check Main Page link below.
"!!!
:eek:

I mean there isn't any Real Database of applicant indeed! they only have a database with 50.000 of winners record in that! If you are a real winner but enter one of those parameters wrong then it will tell you that funny message that you are not selected But We expected them to insert the real database of applicant and if you enter any of those parameters wrong then it say the information you entered is wrong, NOT you are not selected!!!:mad:

There is nothing wrong with that. It states that based on the information you entered (which is incomplete or wrong in your case) they do not get a positive from their database, which is correct.
If you fill out the 3 fields correctly it will state that you have won or lost as it should...

Maybe they only created 2 return parameters for an entry: a false or positive and not necessarily a notification for a missing entry field. How can you be sure they limited the database to the 100,000 selected vs. a database of 9 million+ entries? :rolleyes:

VahidGTU, you as a real winner, what message are you getting?

EDIT: It's because I would like to know what are the winners getting as a feedback on the website, :D

Last edited by a moderator:
My Friend,
If you entered DV 2010 and have your own Confirmation number then you can test it yourself!!!(OR If you don't entered DV 2010 and don't have any confirmation code then you can test it again!!!;))
Enter 2 of 3 parameter wrong then it will tell you that you are not selected!!! I mean the site can't identify that you are a applicant or not because the main database that contain all applicants confirmation number, family and birthday is not available for this query. it works with winners database and if all of the entered parameter match one of the 100.000 winners parameter then it says that you are a winner otherwise it tell you that you are not selected.

There is nothing wrong with that. It states that based on the information you entered (which is incomplete or wrong in your case) they do not get a positive from their database, which is correct.
If you fill out the 3 fields correctly it will state that you have won or lost as it should...

Maybe they only created 2 return parameters for an entry: a false or positive and not necessarily a notification for a missing entry field. How can you be sure they limited the database to the 100,000 selected vs. a database of 9 million+ entries? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you fill in the 3 fields correctly you see this:

Dear Selectee,

Based on the information and confirmation number provided, you should have received a letter by mail from the United States Department of State’s Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) notifying you that your Diversity Visa entry was selected in the DV-2010 lottery.

If you have not received a letter instructing you how to proceed by August 1, 2009, please contact KCC by email at kccdv@state.gov.

Please remember that you do not have to pay until you apply for a visa at a U.S. consulate or embassy. The U.S. government will not ask you to send money by mail or by courier service.

My Friend,
If you entered DV 2010 and have your own Confirmation number then you can test it yourself!!!(OR If you don't entered DV 2010 and don't have any confirmation code then you can test it again!!!;))
Enter 2 of 3 parameter wrong then it will tell you that you are not selected!!! I mean the site can't identify that you are a applicant or not because the main database that contain all applicants confirmation number, family and birthday is not available for this query. it works with winners database and if all of the entered parameter match one of the 100.000 winners parameter then it says that you are a winner otherwise it tell you that you are not selected.

Yes and... your point is that there is something wrong with it. I don't think there is anything wrong with it, just your assumption of how it should be. In previous years there was no way of knowing if you had been selected at all. If you submitted an entry last year I can only assume you printed out a copy or have written down the confirmation number and with your last name and birth year you should be all set. Entering 3 data fields is not really a daunting task now is it? ;)
As Tazmania said if you struggle with this wait till you get to the States and have to start a life here :)

btw VahidGTU,

just saw you're from Tehran. Hope all is well there and justice will prevail. Take care.

The website does not work properly!

I received the NL in June and sent the paperwork to KC last week...However when I enter the info on the website to check status it gives me this message: Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2010 Electronic Diversity Visa program...strange, isn't it?!

For me, it is like I enter the info, then load, load and gets back to the fist window where I entered the info...??????

OK, what if the NL is on hands but on the website is says that the entry haven't been selected????

Please don't confuse your NL number with your Confirmation Number.

NL number is the one you received with the KCC letter.
Confirmation Number is the number you received when you applied to the DV lottery visa.

BTW, for people who have more than 1 last name (e.g. Latin America, Spain and others) be careful and put your last name the EXACT way you put it... and I think is case sensitive.

The website does not work properly!

I received the NL in June and sent the paperwork to KC last week...However when I enter the info on the website to check status it gives me this message: Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2010 Electronic Diversity Visa program...strange, isn't it?!

Hello Alexhero! This changes all things completely, It could be that the page is a failure today. I do not understand something, Why they anticipated the date, when the consultation was scheduled for July 1? :confused:

Hello Alexhero! This changes all things completely, It could be that the page is a failure today. I do not understand something, Why they anticipated the date, when the consultation was scheduled for July 1? :confused:

Then probably we should wait until tomorrow.

But what about VagitGTU... he got it right! So it doesn't mean everybody go it wrong... I'm confused too! :(

I do not think calling them is a good idea. Just imagine, people calling from all around the world.....