Something to worry about ?

Atlanta_Brother

Registered Users (C)
I am currently out of town and will be heading back to Atlanta to take care of my wife's finger prints on Feb 22nd.

Out of the blue, I just felt like checking the status online & see if there were any further update on her file and guess what...this was written on "case status online". This is something new, because her FP notice was dated Jan 29th, 2008. Check this out:

On February 7, 2008, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address.

Now is this something normal or something to be concerned about? I will try to call USCIS cust service in the morning to see what exactly they need. As far as I know, I had sent all the required paperwork to Chicago lockbox address. Please let me know if anyone of you have ever received similar kind of notice before.

Thanks.

You forgot to send something, or they are requesting additional evidence.

There is nothing to "really" worry about, just wait for your letter, send back the letter along with the request documents, give it a few weeks and your case will continue.

Many people get one of these letters during their process... including me ;)

You forgot to send something, or they are requesting additional evidence.

There is nothing to "really" worry about, just wait for your letter, send back the letter along with the request documents, give it a few weeks and your case will continue.

Many people get one of these letters during their process... including me ;)

PraetorianXI,

When you say "give it few and your case will continue", you think since they have asked for more evidence, this has definitely delayed the case? Like I said, I am out of town and don't have access to my mail now. I wonder if USCIS has also sent a copy of that letter to my attorney since he had filed our case. Let's see. Any idea what kind of documents they may be looking for? Thank you for your quick responses guys.

you think since they have asked for more evidence, this has definitely delayed the case?

Yes. Nothing's going to happen until the RFE is responded to.

I wonder if USCIS has also sent a copy of that letter to my attorney since he had filed our case.

Almost certainly the attorney is the only one who will get it.

Any idea what kind of documents they may be looking for?

USCIS will tell you in their notice. Wait for it.

I read something that there is about 50% of the case which were requested RFE for family based petition.

so just follow the RFE and send whatever is needed and nothing to worry about.

I read something that there is about 50% of the case which were requested RFE for family based petition.

Hi MiaoMiao
Good luck for you interview

Good luck with tomorrow's interview

Hey miaomiao1,

Good luck with your interview tomorrow. Hope it goes well. Please do share your experience with us. Also thanks for getting back to me about that RFE. I guess I was just worrying about for nothing, but I am still curious, what kind of evidence USCIS must be looking for. I am in Boston at the moment & I hope I have what they are looking for. Still curious what it could be.

my lawyer tells me they sometimes just request RFEs to slow your case down just because of backlog. and they will ask for something they might already have, or make up some shit that they dont really need. im not saying that is going on here, just and FYI, he also said most of his cases get an RFE for something, i think its safe to say alot of people get alteasy one RFe

I am not alone

my lawyer tells me they sometimes just request RFEs to slow your case down just because of backlog. and they will ask for something they might already have, or make up some shit that they dont really need. im not saying that is going on here, just and FYI, he also said most of his cases get an RFE for something, i think its safe to say alot of people get alteasy one RFe

That's a relief actually coz this way I know that I am not the only one. Let's hope it doesn't delay our case any further.

I got an RFIE (request for initial Evidence) when I filed my wife's I-485. USCIS needed a copy of my W-2's for the 2006 tax year. I forgot to send them that. All I sent them was a copy of the 1040.

Bingo

I got an RFIE (request for initial Evidence) when I filed my wife's I-485. USCIS needed a copy of my W-2's for the 2006 tax year. I forgot to send them that. All I sent them was a copy of the 1040.

VivaLasVegas,

You said it, that's it....I am pretty sure that USCIS is probably looking for W-2 (1099 earnings in my case probably). All I sent them was a copy of my 1040. Man, I wish I had included that 1099 earnings statement as well for the year 2006 too. I think now I will also go ahead and send them my 2007 earning statement as well (dunno if that's a good idea). It's always safe to send extra documents. Lesson learnt. Too bad that my stupid attorney didn't catch that either......huh.

Let's hope that's the case. I will keep you all updated.

Again, thank you for replying back. Helped a lot in figuring it out. Atleast the good thing is, nothing really to worry about & as Nothere (users) quoted, it may cause a few days of delay.....no biggy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I wish I had included that 1099 earnings statement as well for the year 2006 too.

I wouldn't make too many assumptions on what they are asking for. Maybe the doctor screwed up the I-693. Who knows.

It's always safe to send extra documents. Lesson learnt.

Actually, it's always safe to send USCIS exactly what they ask for and nothing more.

Too bad that my stupid attorney didn't catch that either......huh.

Give him more credit. I'd much rather have an attorney that knows how to read the forms and follow USCIS' instructions.

Agreed

I wouldn't make too many assumptions on what they are asking for. Maybe the doctor screwed up the I-693. Who knows.

Actually, it's always safe to send USCIS exactly what they ask for and nothing more.

Give him more credit. I'd much rather have an attorney that knows how to read the forms and follow USCIS' instructions.

Yes I agree with you TheRealCanadian. One should not make too many assumptions. Let's altleast wait for the letter & take it from there. Thanks for making those valid points. Made lot of sense.