• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Some questions before the interview

zolpo

Registered Users (C)
My wife received the second letter with an interview date in March. (She won the lottery.)

We have 4 children.

Considering the economy crisis in the US and the high rates of an unemployment we plan that me (the husband) will travel alone to US for a couple of months to seek a job, or to build a business, before we move our kids and family to US.

So my questions are two:
  1. Is it possible to ask the embassy to issue just to me and to my wife Green Card, and in 2 - 3 months to come with the kids and issue them too? (We do not want to waste another 3,500 $ for visas for the kids before we are sure we have a good job in US.)
  2. Must we migrate to US immediately after the issuing of the visa or can we stay in our homeland a year or two? (We want to be sure that the US economy not going worse)

Many Thanks.

all visas are issued at the same time

I just arrived in the states and understand your concerns however to my understanding all visas must be issued at the same time. there is no way you can postpone the visa issue for some and take for others in a family, additionally there is no way visas for four children will cost $3500 its about ($575*4= 2300). I stand to be corrected
What you could do is get the visas and the you alone moves to the usa look for a job and then call the others. However you should not let their visas expire which happens after 6 months from the date of issue.

my wife received the second letter with an interview date in march. (she won the lottery.)

we have 4 children.

Considering the economy crisis in the us and the high rates of an unemployment we plan that me (the husband) will travel alone to us for a couple of months to seek a job, or to build a business, before we move our kids and family to us.

So my questions are two:
  1. is it possible to ask the embassy to issue just to me and to my wife green card, and in 2 - 3 months to come with the kids and issue them too? (we do not want to waste another 3,500 $ for visas for the kids before we are sure we have a good job in us.)
  2. must we migrate to us immediately after the issuing of the visa or can we stay in our homeland a year or two? (we want to be sure that the us economy not going worse)

many thanks.
1.= yes its possible
2.= in < 6 months from the time they stamp your P.PORT

I just arrived in the states and understand your concerns however to my understanding all visas must be issued at the same time. there is no way you can postpone the visa issue for some and take for others in a family, additionally there is no way visas for four children will cost $3500 its about ($575*4= 2300). I stand to be corrected
What you could do is get the visas and the you alone moves to the usa look for a job and then call the others. However you should not let their visas expire which happens after 6 months from the date of issue.

I think visa fees for children also $775 not $575 if I'm not wrong !!! please clarify.

additionally there is no way visas for four children will cost $3500 its about ($575*4= 2300). I stand to be corrected

Waks: I hope you are right .... but according to the letter from KCC the fee is 775$ for every person. They didn't mention that there is a different fee for kids.

But your wife is the Principal Applicant:confused:

Ahmed: Can't I travel alone for couple of months?

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the principal applicant needs to travel first. Since your wife is the principal applicant in your case, I think she needs to hand over the envelope upon immigration.

Those are my questions and replys from American institude in my country

1. if we (my wife and I) have our interview scheduled in Apr, can we interview on different days separately?
2. If we can not, can we do it at a later time( say Jul for example) together?
3. From question 1, If we can, is her interview day must be before my date of port of entry?

Replys
1. Yes, it is possible, however the principal applicant XXXXXX must interview first.

2. You may also consider to postpone the interview for both of you in a later date.

3. No, it is not necessary.

The fee is $775 for each person, no discount for children. Second, the principle applicant (winner) must immigrate with or before the dependents.

Those are my questions and replys from American institude in my country

1. if we (my wife and I) have our interview scheduled in Apr, can we interview on different days separately?
2. If we can not, can we do it at a later time( say Jul for example) together?
3. From question 1, If we can, is her interview day must be before my date of port of entry?

Replys
1. Yes, it is possible, however the principal applicant XXXXXX must interview first.

2. You may also consider to postpone the interview for both of you in a later date.

3. No, it is not necessary.
Just curious, if you take route #1 and get your GC, is it automatic that your spouse will get one later on? Will you indicate in the DS230 forms that you will attend interview with your spouse or immigrate later?

Just curious, if you take route #1 and get your GC, is it automatic that your spouse will get one later on? Will you indicate in the DS230 forms that you will attend interview with your spouse or immigrate later?

No, anayone who want a GC will face his/her interview eventually.
I didnt specify that I or my wife will do this later in DS-230, however, I think this can be arranged tru your local embassy....as long as rules will not be broken.

No, anayone who want a GC will face his/her interview eventually.
I didnt specify that I or my wife will do this later in DS-230, however, I think this can be arranged tru your local embassy....as long as rules will not be broken.

How will you do that? Show up during the interview day and tell them your wife will come later?

Contact your local emassy, inform them your schedule.
They will tell you how to do I think
However, they can only reschedule your interviews after they have your case files from KCC.
That is most likely 1 -2 month(s) b4 your original interview date.
So, if you want to make any changes of date, I suggest you contact your local embassy ASAP. If they haven't get your file, just wait for few days and call again.
If you call them every day, I guess you will annoy them. haha

Last edited by a moderator: