Some questions about Adjustment of Status form I-864

raj_i130

PART 1:

1. Do I fill my name here? I am the son who is inviting his parents

Q1(d): I am using my wife's income as part of sponsoring my parents from India. Besides an I864A, does she also need to fill out I864 and select this option?

part 2:

Q2(a): As part of DS-261, I have changed the address of my parents to me as the principal agent. Do I put their address in India or put my US address here?

PART 3:

As I am sponsoring both my mother and father, I will select both questions and and 2, correct? And in 2a, fill my mother's information as I already filled my father's information in Part 2?

PART 4:

My information goes here, correct?

PART 6:

Now, my wife and I file taxes jointly. I did not have a job this year but just got an employment letter and start next month. My income for this year is $0. We do get rental income though from houses that we own. Question:

Q5: Do I enter my individual income or family joint income? If I have to enter my indvidual income, do I eter $0 or show my rental income as well?

Q6. Do I enter my wife's annual income here? or our joint income in the tax returns?

Thanks in advance.

PART 1:

1. Do I fill my name here? I am the son who is inviting his parents
Yes

Q1(d): I am using my wife's income as part of sponsoring my parents from India. Besides an I864A, does she also need to fill out I864 and select this option?

No, your wife should be a household member rather than a joint sponsor. So she should fill out I-864A.

part 2:

Q2(a): As part of DS-261, I have changed the address of my parents to me as the principal agent. Do I put their address in India or put my US address here?
not sure about this

PART 3:

As I am sponsoring both my mother and father, I will select both questions and and 2, correct? And in 2a, fill my mother's information as I already filled my father's information in Part 2?
I don't understand what you are asking. Your mother and father each are petitioned on a separate petition. You need a separate I-864 for each petition (and your wife will need a separate I-864A for each of your I-864s). On each petition, there is only one principal immigrant and no family members. So for each parent's I-864, you will say Yes on Part 3 #1, do not check #2, and skip and skip Family Member 1-5 parts.

PART 4:

My information goes here, correct?
Yes

PART 6:

Now, my wife and I file taxes jointly. I did not have a job this year but just got an employment letter and start next month. My income for this year is $0. We do get rental income though from houses that we own. Question:

Q5: Do I enter my individual income or family joint income? If I have to enter my indvidual income, do I eter $0 or show my rental income as well?

Q6. Do I enter my wife's annual income here? or our joint income in the tax returns?
You enter your individual current annual income in Part 6 #5, and your wife's individual current annual income in Part 6 #6c. They are added together in Part 6 #10 which is your household's current annual income. I don't know how rental income should be split up between you and your wife.

Also note that "current" means at the moment that you sign the I-864. So since you have not started the job yet, you do not count its salary. But if you fill this out after starting your job, you would then count the annual salary of the job as part of your current annual income. It has nothing to do with "income this year" or income on tax returns from past years. Past year's tax return information is a separate question in Part 6 #13.