Signature Confusion

desihai

Registered Users (C)
Hello, While filling N-400 I see their requirements quite confusing:

Part 11: Signature

"You should sign your full name withour abbreviating it or using initials. The signature must be legible"

This is the first time in my life I have seen such a requirement and looks very amusing. Signature has to be legible !! What is the point of a signature then?

In any case, how do people "sign" their N-400. I signed the check illegibly, using initials and abbreviations. If i write my signatire, it will not be same signature as in other documents.

Looking for thoughts.

I followed the instructions. My first name looks like my signature, my middle name (which I never use) looks like I'm in grade school and my family name (which is pretty much just a squiggle in my real signature) looks like I was trying very hard to make legible.

Follow the instructions.

"You should sign your full name withour abbreviating it or using initials. The signature must be legible"

If done correctly, the end result is guaranteed to look nothing like your real signature! Basically all they want you to do is write your full name in cursive (joined) letters.

It does not make sense to me at all - ie writing your name - why not print it, if it is not unique to you.
If done correctly, the end result is guaranteed to look nothing like your real signature! Basically all they want you to do is write your full name in cursive (joined) letters.

It does not make sense to me at all - ie writing your name - why not print it, if it is not unique to you.

How about the natz cert?

I was told to "print"/"write" my signature on my photo. Read a website which recommended signature on the natz cert should match the signature you "signed" on your photo. In this case, my signature will be "printed" out, not "signed" :rolleyes: