Should I stay or leave?

Should I stay or leave the forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon, I should be nicer... harder said than done, specially when you go through countless posts of people trying to cheat and lie, or people too careless/lazy to read the instructions... Either way, it seems there are "seasons" when people would rather me leave or "Stay out" of things... so I ask you all.

Should I stay or leave this forum? :confused:

Poll open for 31 days, or until 250 people vote. Reality TV here we go!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like people who lie or cheat either, and probably have asked stupid questions myself at times but when there is posts that bother me, I just ignore them and shake my head. I don't understand why it's hard to be nice, for me it isn't, but maybe that's because I ignore the bad ones. I think what the person is getting at is if you can't say something helpful or nice, don't say anything at all. That's how I took it anyway. On the other side, you've always helped me quickly and nicely when I asked something.

i say you leave, there are others who give the same correct advice you give in a polite manor. there is enough nice people here to help other without making them feel like shit. you are not needed........goodbye

also to add, you are not a mod, so need for you policing the forums and being an asshole about it. but i can totally understand why your on the forums all day, cause a inconsiderate jerk like you prob has no friends. be nicer, make friends, get a life.

I am not as arrogant as a bunch of those whining Aholes who say you should be out.
You stay.

Ever since the first time a few years ago that I read immigration forums, I have appreciated your knowledge and accurate advice. I never found you rude, or intollerable or any of the names you've just been called :( less than 10 minutes after you posted your poll ... that is prompt reply

In fact, I found it extremely refreshing to see accurate advice without the unnecessary crap of American Honey Coating every sentence. I say you Stay and I vote that way too.
If a person is savvy enough to find a forum for immigration, then they are surely savvy enough to google stuff, and as you say, READ THE instructions. I too cannot stand people too lazy to do their homework like all of us have.

Prae, you did help ppl like me who were so lost in dealing with the GC process.
Because we are all dealing with this sensitive issue, you need to consider others' feeling when you give opinions or make jokes. Even though you think it is a harmless joke, sometimes it may hurt ppl's feelings.
You do contribute to this forum. I voted you to stay

I reckon, I should be nicer... harder said than done, specially when you go through countless posts of people trying to cheat and lie, or people too careless/lazy to read the instructions... Either way, it seems there are "seasons" when people would rather me leave or "Stay out" of things... so I ask you all.

Should I stay or leave this forum? :confused:

Poll open for 31 days, or until 250 people vote. Reality TV here we go!

YOU SHOULD STAY

What I believe anybody who is coming and seeking advice should develop tolerance to listen to others in forum. Most of the time people disclosed their information incomplete, which makes situation little complex on the part of people who are providing suggestions ( So they tried to explain in worse case scenario or normal proceedings).
We should abstain from passing personal remarks. Anybody who is dedicating time in providing information at their best............I HAVE RESPECT FOR HIM and DEFINITELY for "Praetorian XI"

We filed our AOS just a couple of months after you and I've watched your posts (among others) all this time. You've been completely through the process and are able to give information based on actual experience with the system.

It is my opinion that if someone comes to this forum asking for advice they need to expect both sides of the argument, not just the sugar-coated love pats and "it will all work out" nonsense. Some things just won't fly with USCIS no matter how pretty we try to make it sound. And you always tell them right up front what you think. I like that and I vote that you STAY! :eek:

Well PraetorianXI me and you have argued alot of times, and you have insulted me, however if you promise NOT to post anymore link's to IRA statues then you can stay.:)

he has never been rude to me, i just dont like the way he treats people. and if this is his response to a little critisicm of him, then what a baby. he can dish it out, but he cant take it.

Prae,

you should stay. :) but remember, you are still learning...

But sometimes I think that you do make that extra step to lash out at somebody, just for the sake of it. Perhaps, you shouldn't do it every time, but should leave it for the worst offenders... :)

I believe that knowledge is power and Praetorian sure has that advantage, a lot to offer from experience and what is remarkable is that the person has actually not lost sensitivity for what other's had to say. To put up a voting forum for his own sake is a bold step.I am sure we will all understand that the stress is getting to all of us.Therefore we are bound to get impatient with some of our new friends. However, we have to be empathetic towards them and polite as well.
That Praetorian has started this thread is ample proof that he is aware of the issue at hand.I think we can all be grateful for his help and hope he not lose his patience with some of us. Please don't go anywhere and do keep up the good work.

by all means stay, but we(or anybody for that matter) dont have to put up with your rude behaviour.
the forum is better when there are MORE people contributing, not because YOU are contributing.
kinda cheesey to say "stay and we will put up", like ur poll option says. no one should have to put up with rude and condescending behavior.
so i say, stay and mellow out.
there may be a variety of reasons for people asking the same questions and all that but its not upto you to give them a tongue lashing for that. just cos you went through the process ahead of others dosent make u the foremost authority. knowhaimsayin?
i voted that u stay, btw.

also putting up a vote is just childish, its not bold or pioneering. grow up will ya?

Stay...

Praetorian,

Since you are a pseudo immigration lawyer, you should continue to stay until someone sues you for hurting their feelings. I believe every place can use a dedicated asshole on a daily basis. :rolleyes: You have grabbed this position here with flying colors...

I have no issues with you because this forum seems to give you a whole lot of self-satisfaction. I hope you have a job for the sake of your marriage...:eek:

Dont take it on heart

you should stay. its an open forum and any one can chip in, such incidents happen when you take things too seriously. Every one should understand that it's discussion place and one should be prepared to listen if he dares to speak. mostly ppl come here for a second opinion or to do some research before they can actually retain a lawyer.

Pret, though we never really converse on here, my observations of your posts indicate that you are one of the few good and knowledgable members on here (one of the few like yourself, nelsona, TheRealCanadian, Boatmod, Al Southerner etc etc). I vote you stay, however the decision is ultimately yours and me, and i'm sure others here, will respect whatever decision you make.

I know there are many idiots on here that ask stupid questions asking how to cheat the system (i.e. "I met girl on chat room, can I get tourist visa, enter USA and then marry and apply for green card after two days of entering USA?") or ask questions that make it obvious that the poster hasn't even bothered to do any research themself (i.e. I am Canadian Citizen with good education and proper qualifications, am I qualified for a TN visa?) but hey look at it this way, questions and people like that bring great humor to these forums.

So um yeah, I vote you stay.

Jon

Prae,

Read ur posts and see that you're very helpful. There are sensitive people who can't/don't want to deal with your harsness and I know it's hard to resist to post something back when someone asks without doing their research first..

well , i'd love for u to stay.

PraetorianXI

I’m a new comer to this forum, but already benefited from your advices.
Please do stay.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.