SFO DOL - To track Auto remand Cases!!

gondij said:
Hello.... My case originally filed october 2001 and online status shows on December 18th Certified...

Details...
PD: OCTOBER 2001 in RIR EB3
ETA No: D-05171-7XXXX
REMANDED TO STATE : SOMETIME 2003
45 DAY LETTER : DECEMBER 2005
Certified Online : December 18th 2006
But requested couple of times to change to RIR and requested Screenshot everytime after sending documents... Don't know what helped.. BUT I Belive in GOD...

I hope those who are waiting from a longtime will get cleared soon...

Congrats! Looks like you got a Holiday gift from DOL!

Let us know if you got the actual copy, or when you get one.

God Bless!

csrini1 said:
this info is for rir cases, which were remanded back to state

why dont you write a letter and mail, usps to that RIR CONVERSION REQUEST postal address ,asking them to treat your case as rir as it was originally applied in rir and just process it that way!!

I know this request has to come from lawyers, but if your lawyers like mine, don't want to help, then we need to help ourselves!!

just a thought which i wanted to share, so pls go easy on me folks....

Goodluck!!
------------

I see no harm in trying but seems very unlikely they will consider it.
How many of us are going for conversion? My lawyer is not going for it, so I probably just have to wait it out.

Days_go_by said:
------------

I see no harm in trying but seems very unlikely they will consider it.
How many of us are going for conversion? My lawyer is not going for it, so I probably just have to wait it out.

All lawyers should have gotten instructions/advised to convert their cases to RIR by Jan20th, our lawyers did!!, they are charging some money for each case to do some paperwork.

csrini1 said:
All lawyers should have gotten instructions/advised to convert their cases to RIR by Jan20th, our lawyers did!!, they are charging some money for each case to do some paperwork.

True. My lawyers the instructions too...

What could we expect once we sent our conversion request, again in back burner?

goodphysq said:
True. My lawyers the instructions too...

What could we expect once we sent our conversion request, again in back burner?

depends on the case, if straight forward and simple, i am expecting approvals.

csrini1 said:
depends on the case, if straight forward and simple, i am expecting approvals.
----

So, you guys are converting to RIR with new Ads etc or are you asking them to reconsider older ads (before remand) for the conversion.
I have MS+0 yrs experience requirements on my resume and my lawyer is skeptical that approval might be denied. I have a PD of May 2001 and I am really confused, should I just wait and hope for approval with TR processing or convert. Please suggest.

Days_go_by said:
----

So, you guys are converting to RIR with new Ads etc or are you asking them to reconsider older ads (before remand) for the conversion.
I have MS+0 yrs experience requirements on my resume and my lawyer is skeptical that approval might be denied. I have a PD of May 2001 and I am really confused, should I just wait and hope for approval with TR processing or convert. Please suggest.

converting to rir with new ads. becs call this conversion "harmless RIR conversion oppurtunity" i am pretty sure, this works for ALL simple and straight forward cases, pressure your lawyer to do the conversion. deadline is jan20th. to send a conversion request. look here for more info-http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html.

csrini1 said:
converting to rir with new ads. becs call this conversion "harmless RIR conversion oppurtunity" i am pretty sure, this works for ALL simple and straight forward cases, pressure your lawyer to do the conversion. deadline is jan20th. to send a conversion request. look here for more info-http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html.
----------
thanks, I will ask my lawyer, and let you know. Just waiting for BECs to process is not going to reach anywhere.

auto remanded case considered as RIR

Hi All

I inquired my company attorney whether we need to send a request for NON-RIR to RIR conversion for my auto remanded case (PD Oct 2001, EB2, CA, auto-remanded in Oct 2003). In the process he/she requested a screen shot from DBEC yesterday, today in the screen shot to my surprise the Processing Type is RIR (which was balnk in last year's screen shot) and Case Source is STATE. It may be helpfull to get the latest screen shot before sending a conversion request.

Thanks

samsharma said:
Hi All

I inquired my company attorney whether we need to send a request for NON-RIR to RIR conversion for my auto remanded case (PD Oct 2001, EB2, CA, auto-remanded in Oct 2003). In the process he/she requested a screen shot from DBEC yesterday, today in the screen shot to my surprise the Processing Type is RIR (which was balnk in last year's screen shot) and Case Source is STATE. It may be helpfull to get the latest screen shot before sending a conversion request.

Thanks
----
Hi Sam,
wow, so what are you doing? converting or not? how can you convert if your case is already RIR?
Thanks a lot for this information.

samsharma said:
Hi All

Thanks

Can we really go by the screen shot?

To be safer side I would also sent a coversion request becuse the deadline is jan 20th, and also there is more to gain and nothing to loose.

auto remanded as RIR

goodphysq said:
Can we really go by the screen shot?

To be safer side I would also sent a coversion request becuse the deadline is jan 20th, and also there is more to gain and nothing to loose.

There is no harm in sending conversion request, if the case is RIR, BEC will just deny the conversion reuest. Let us know the conversion request's result.

I am not asking attorney for conversion at this time after the new screen shot.

Thanks

goodphysq said:
Congrats! Looks like you got a Holiday gift from DOL!

Let us know if you got the actual copy, or when you get one.

God Bless!

Can't believe what I saw this morning when I checked the DOL online status. Status was showing that my labor application has been CERTIFIED. I will call my lawyer and find out if they have already received the certification on the mail. My PD is April 30, 2001, remanded to the state in 2002. My lawyer did send a letter to DBEC a few months back about my remanded case. I checked my status five times this morning ( making sure I typed in the correct case no.) because I just can't believe it. A long 5 years and 8 months of waiting.

jdlabnala said:
Can't believe what I saw this morning when I checked the DOL online status. Status was showing that my labor application has been CERTIFIED. I will call my lawyer and find out if they have already received the certification on the mail. My PD is April 30, 2001, remanded to the state in 2002. My lawyer did send a letter to DBEC a few months back about my remanded case. I checked my status five times this morning ( making sure I typed in the correct case no.) because I just can't believe it. A long 5 years and 8 months of waiting.
----
Congratulations, your approval brings in a lot of hope to us.
Thanks for the update.

jdlabnala said:

Congrats and best wishes for the next stages! Hope it will be a smooth sail from here :)

Should be a big relief and it was a long waged battle. This bring lots of hope to all of us, and hopefully we wont need this thread few months from now.

Do you know what kind of letter did your attorney send regarding your application?

Also, please take a moment to let us know when you get the hard copy!

Last edited by a moderator:
re :

congrats !!

What kind of letter did your lawyer send to DBEC ?
Did your case got a recruitment instruction ?

thanks

jdlabnala said:

goodphysq said:
Congrats and best wishes for the next stages! Hope it will be a smooth sail from here :)

Should be a big relief and it was a long waged battle. This bring lots of hope to all of us, and hopefully we wont need this thread few months from now.

Do you know what kind of letter did your attorney send regarding your application?

Also, please take a moment to let us know when you get the hard copy!

It was basically an inquiry letter on how remanded cases like mine will be handled. He did mention on his letter that previous recruitment has already been done. I don't have a copy of the letter but I'll try to find out more on the actual contents. I will let you know when I get the hard copy.

pdjune2001 said:
congrats !!

What kind of letter did your lawyer send to DBEC ?
Did your case got a recruitment instruction ?

thanks

My case didn't get any recruitment instruction. The letter was just an inquiry letter on how my remanded case will be handled. He did mention though that previous recruitment has already been done (RIR). I will let you know more about the actual contents of the letter.

Certified

-Friends,
Fianlly after 5 and a half years my May 29, 2001 labor is certified!
Mine was a remanded case and it was certified without any ads, I did not ask for conversion and did not ask DOL to treat it as RIR either.
I did write a lot of letters to DOL and Senators and Congresswoman but that was long time back and I don't think that helped much.
I really really wish everyone who is still stuck best of luck, especially the remanded cases, there is no one else who can understand this pain more.
I haven't received the papers yet, just checked it online today.
Once i get the papers I will let you know.
Gosh, this is unbelievable, I hope next stages are quick, hope to start my new life soon.
Best Regards.
dgb.

Days_go_by said:
-Friends,
Fianlly after 5 and a half years my May 29, 2001 labor is certified!
Mine was a remanded case and it was certified without any ads, I did not ask for conversion and did not ask DOL to treat it as RIR either.
I did write a lot of letters to DOL and Senators and Congresswoman but that was long time back and I don't think that helped much.
I really really wish everyone who is still stuck best of luck, especially the remanded cases, there is no one else who can understand this pain more.
I haven't received the papers yet, just checked it online today.
Once i get the papers I will let you know.
Gosh, this is unbelievable, I hope next stages are quick, hope to start my new life soon.
Best Regards.
dgb.

Congratulations Days go By and good luck on the next stages.
Looks like everyone of us on this thread will get the good news soon. Certifications are starting to come in. 2007 will be our year. I spoke to my lawyer and he said that if you will qualify for the concurrent 140/485 filing, the whole process can be completed in less than a year. Congrats again and good luck. Let us know when you get your copy.