serious immigration troube

eldorado80

Registered Users (C)
I came in 2006 with an f1 visa got a job on campus eventually got my ssn and everythin..fell out of status 2semesters later..so I accepted a job off campus which I know is illegal but i had to survive..no family help help or anythin..so in 2010 I married the love of my life and almost a year later I applied for AOS thru my spouse..we went to the interview and everythin the officer asked me multiples times if I had ever claimed to be a us citizen on the. I 9 form? I told him its been a couple years since I got the job and comin from a french speakin country I didn't evenk k now wat a - 9 form was..he kept obssesin about my illegal employment..he didn't even ask anytng to my wife..the evidence we brought and everythin he didn't even look at it.j;us the bitth certificate of my babe born couple month ago...so at that time my wife didn't make enough money so they asked us to submit. A cos sponsor..which I did..he sent me form g/56 to come in for another apt after I submitted the co sponsor paperwork...3 weeks later I went for the 2nd apt and to my surprise in the mean time he had asked my employer to release the I 9 form and he confronted me with it..the first box us citizen or us national was checked...I denied and explained to him it was ba 4 or 5 years ago I didn't know anythin and I didn't check the us citizen or us natinal box..he didn't say anythin..he jus asked me to provide copy of my co sponsor proof of citizenship and he will make a decision after that..I have a lil babe that need me...and I told him all I am tryin to do is go to school and provide for my family..I am not tryin to harm anybody or sell drugs or anythin..I am jus tryin to make a better life for me and my family..that's why I came tro u guys? Is there any hope? Shoud I hire a lawyer or its jus a waste money? Thank u guys for help.

I came in 2006 with an f1 visa got a job on campus eventually got my ssn and everythin..fell out of status 2semesters later..so I accepted a job off campus which I know is illegal but i had to survive..no family help help or anythin..so in 2010 I married the love of my life and almost a year later I applied for AOS thru my spouse..we went to the interview and everythin the officer asked me multiples times if I had ever claimed to be a us citizen on the. I 9 form? I told him its been a couple years since I got the job and comin from a french speakin country I didn't evenk k now wat a - 9 form was..he kept obssesin about my illegal employment..he didn't even ask anytng to my wife..the evidence we brought and everythin he didn't even look at it.j;us the bitth certificate of my babe born couple month ago...so at that time my wife didn't make enough money so they asked us to submit. A cos sponsor..which I did..he sent me form g/56 to come in for another apt after I submitted the co sponsor paperwork...3 weeks later I went for the 2nd apt and to my surprise in the mean time he had asked my employer to release the I 9 form and he confronted me with it..the first box us citizen or us national was checked...I denied and explained to him it was ba 4 or 5 years ago I didn't know anythin and I didn't check the us citizen or us natinal box..he didn't say anythin..he jus asked me to provide copy of my co sponsor proof of citizenship and he will make a decision after that..I have a lil babe that need me...and I told him all I am tryin to do is go to school and provide for my family..I am not tryin to harm anybody or sell drugs or anythin..I am jus tryin to make a better life for me and my family..that's why I came tro u guys? Is there any hope? Shoud I hire a lawyer or its jus a waste money? Thank u guys for help.

See a lawyer.

This issue has been used by zealous USCIS Officers to try to claim that you made a false claim to US Citizenship. It was defeated in court and DHS changed the I-9 form because it is NOT a crime to falsely claim to be a US national and in those cases it was argued that the alien did not understand the legal meaning of the term "national".

The I-9 now has separate boxes for the terms.

See a lawyer.

Like the poster above said: SEE A LAWYER

My dear, you have serious immigration issues that only a trained professional might be able to assist you in. The situation is unfortunate and I can only wish you the best.

Did you submit co sponsors proof of citizenship?
I came across another user whose green card approval decision took about two months...
Do some research about a competent lawyer, find a reputable one and ask for consultation. Friend of mine paid 200 for an hour consultation. The lawyer explained the process to him in and out.
You may try that out before hiring a lawyer, .....
Goodluck

Get a Lawyer and a good one

Please get a lawyer sometime people dont want to spend the money on a lawyer but think of it as an investment it may ease your immigration woes

I agree with the others. Consult a lawyer. Try to find a pro-bono immigration lawyer, or maybe a lawyer who can accept installment payments. Good luck!