• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September VB - DV14 Last Chapter

Hi guys
What have been say previously is scaring me.
In last October we went for one week in chicago for holidays. French don't need a visa but just an ESTA. On this one we didn't say that we wanted to immigrate because at this stage we weren 't sure to became current AND we intend to go there ONLY for holidays.
When I will have my interview they will see on our passport that we went to USA in October :(
Is it a problem?
Thanks for your answer

No, it's no problem. As I understand there is no question on ESTA that asks if you have ever had an immigration petition? It is absolutely correct that as you were not intending to immigrate on that trip you did not need to declare immigration intent then (same as my tourist visits while things were pending).

Is there dv2016?

The Immigration laws have not yet been changes, so as it stands at the moment there *should* be a DV-2016. Applications should open around the 3rd October.

Having said that, I don't work for the State Dept., so best to keep an eye on the appropriate web pages for confirmation.

Hi guys
What have been say previously is scaring me.
In last October we went for one week in chicago for holidays. French don't need a visa but just an ESTA. On this one we didn't say that we wanted to immigrate because at this stage we weren 't sure to became current AND we intend to go there ONLY for holidays.
When I will have my interview they will see on our passport that we went to USA in October :(
Is it a problem?
Thanks for your answer
No matata mama :)
You just went for a holiday and you came back, you didn't over stay, you didn't attempt to immigrate...
So you are just fine ! They won't trouble you about that:D

Tbh I'm really surprised asia didn't go current, same as 1995,2003,2004,2005

Of all fiscal years it looks like 2014 is the worst of the worst, hoping for the better next fiscal year

What do you guys think?

it's just unfair ! I am shocked and a little irritated.
Indeed, having made the tour of numerous forums to collect new informations about the last VB, i noticed that numerous people was in PA after their interview in the embassy because they had not supplied all the wanted forms. A deadline of more than 7 weeks seems sufficient to collect the wanted forms if you have, actually, truly, the money, the diplomas and any problem with the justice. Even before participating in the lottery, it is clearly stipulated that we have to correspond to a very precise profile: diploma or work experience, the necessary funds not to be chargeable to the country and not have had problem with the justice. Nevertheless some join, are drawn lots and are received to the embassy. Obviously, they will have no green card because they cannot supply the wanted documentary evidences but while their case is on wait, our CN is not called and our green card, so hoped, so dreamed, deserved also, go further and further away because time goes by. There is, also, lot of cases of those who miss their interview to the embassy and who can move it by saying to himself that they have until September 30th to make it??? Little bit selfish ! The green card lottery is not a game! Join means that we have projects in the United States and if, you do not respect the promulgated rules, why participate ? One more time, people who respect the rules are victims of those who take advantage of the system, the incredible chance which is offered to them.
I esteem, also, that the KCC did not correctly make its work. 125000 applicants all over the world, little near 180 American embassies in the world, the calculation is simple: 694,4 people to receive in the year, 57 people to receive in a month. It is not impossible to make ! I am aware that this calculation is a little bit simplistic but that gives an idea of the negligence victims of which we were this year, combined in the carelessness of some applicants. Sad !

Let's not take into account FYs before 2000, it was the beginning of the lottery, let's assume they did not create a method to handle it. Let's see after 2000. Only FY 03-04 and 05 did not go current for AS AF EU. But in each case, between July and Aug there was an increase, even if little. So the point may be that this year maybe they are still computing this difference and they will let us know? Apart from that, I do not remember reading in other posts if someone guessed the reason why this year the draw is of over 140K, but what do you guys think about the reason might be for making such an exceptional increase in people selected?

Indeed, having made the tour of numerous forums to collect new informations about the last VB, i noticed that numerous people was in PA after their interview in the embassy because they had not supplied all the wanted forms. A deadline of more than 7 weeks seems sufficient to collect the wanted forms if you have, actually, truly, the money, the diplomas and any problem with the justice. Even before participating in the lottery, it is clearly stipulated that we have to correspond to a very precise profile: diploma or work experience, the necessary funds not to be chargeable to the country and not have had problem with the justice. Nevertheless some join, are drawn lots and are received to the embassy.
I doubt that those who are getting interviewed go to the interview with documents that are not fit on purpose. Especially for families, the cost of the process is quite important, so I am sure that each one of the selectees makes their best to get all the documents in order when called. It may be though that they are not completely informed of the process, they are asked something they do not expect, so they go into AP. But again, I hardly see this as negligence or selfish. For those who postpone the interview and wait last minute making their spot unavailable for others, for as much as this may be annoying, these are the rules, they are allowed to do that because there is no obligation to free their spot. I would as well like to see a change where for example if you do not go to the interview or confirm your intention to go on before than a specific deadline you lose your chance.

Indeed, having made the tour of numerous forums to collect new informations about the last VB, i noticed that numerous people was in PA after their interview in the embassy because they had not supplied all the wanted forms. A deadline of more than 7 weeks seems sufficient to collect the wanted forms if you have, actually, truly, the money, the diplomas and any problem with the justice. Even before participating in the lottery, it is clearly stipulated that we have to correspond to a very precise profile: diploma or work experience, the necessary funds not to be chargeable to the country and not have had problem with the justice. Nevertheless some join, are drawn lots and are received to the embassy. Obviously, they will have no green card because they cannot supply the wanted documentary evidences but while their case is on wait, our CN is not called and our green card, so hoped, so dreamed, deserved also, go further and further away because time goes by. There is, also, lot of cases of those who miss their interview to the embassy and who can move it by saying to himself that they have until September 30th to make it??? Little bit selfish ! The green card lottery is not a game! Join means that we have projects in the United States and if, you do not respect the promulgated rules, why participate ? One more time, people who respect the rules are victims of those who take advantage of the system, the incredible chance which is offered to them.
I esteem, also, that the KCC did not correctly make its work. 125000 applicants all over the world, little near 180 American embassies in the world, the calculation is simple: 694,4 people to receive in the year, 57 people to receive in a month. It is not impossible to make ! I am aware that this calculation is a little bit simplistic but that gives an idea of the negligence victims of which we were this year, combined in the carelessness of some applicants. Sad !

People who do not proceed etc is exactly why they draw more than necessary. That does not prejudice you - if it did they would under allot visa massively every year. The only year of significant underallotment was 2012 for very different reasons.

? Apart from that, I do not remember reading in other posts if someone guessed the reason why this year the draw is of over 140K, but what do you guys think about the reason might be for making such an exceptional increase in people selected?

This has been discussed ad nauseum already. And it was precisely this reason that simon, myself and others said right from the start that regions would not go current this year, Go do a search.

This has been discussed ad nauseum already. And it was precisely this reason that simon, myself and others said right from the start that regions would not go current this year, Go do a search.
I was not asking why we did not go current this year, I was asking why they increased so dramatically the amount of selectees between one year and the other. But I do a search, no problem.

Well, another year without DV visa interviews in September for EU, it seems (other than potential August interview backlogs)... this has now happened since 2006 (prematurely Current every August & September 2007 - 2013 and zero CN increase in 2014).

This way EU will never get its visa assignment up - for 2014 the picture currently looks as follows: Issued Visa: 14,392, July + August Interviews: 2,456, meaning if everyone should attend their interview this would take us to 16,848 Visa, approx. the same number issued last year. Of course there will be cases of interviews not attended and some visa rejections, on the other hand there will be visa issued from AP and AOS (not included in CEAC data base), so at the end this may result in approx. the same number of DV EU visa as in 2013.

On the positive side - for the lucky ones now having been selected twice - everyone who has received their interview confirmation by now should be safe, there is no indication that visa numbers will run out, based on a EU CN 40,150 or somewhat above (in case there will be an increase over the coming weeks).

Last edited:
I was not asking why we did not go current this year, I was asking why they increased so dramatically the amount of selectees between one year and the other. But I do a search, no problem.
Like I said, that has been discussed extensively