• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September VB - DV14 Last Chapter

Interestingly a denial of a DV for VWP nationals is expressly told that they have to list it as a visa denial under ESTA though - as we saw in the other thread.
Just to make sure: "denial" means that you get your interview and you are told while there that you are not eligible right? If I submit my 122/230 but then I get no visa because numbers are exhausted (and no interview) that is not considered denial right? But then I am someone who intends to immigrate, was never refused a visa but still cannot immigrate...weird!:confused:

Just to make sure: "denial" means that you get your interview and you are told while there that you are not eligible right? If I submit my 122/230 but then I get no visa because numbers are exhausted (and no interview) that is not considered denial right? But then I am someone who intends to immigrate, was never refused a visa but still cannot immigrate...weird!:confused:

A denial is when you are refused, correct, so not reaching a number is not a denial. But you have still demonstrated intent to immigrate so it needs to be declared on visa forms if asked for (bad legal advice notwithstanding).

And yes, there are other types of cases where people have intent to immigrate but then can't (for example: child of LPR, gets married, LPRs cannot petition for married children so petition falls away; someone enters on a fiancé visa, their intended changes their mind so they have to leave the US again as they can only adjust status by marrying the person on that visa). Yes the DV case is a bit different, but then so is just about everything else about the process.

A denial is when you are refused, correct, so not reaching a number is not a denial. But you have still demonstrated intent to immigrate so it needs to be declared on visa forms if asked for (bad legal advice notwithstanding).
Thanks Susie.

finally came out the last vb and it is not good!!
hi raevsky it seems like you were right from the beginning latest vb for dv2014 is online! Africa, Europe etc.. have specific cut-off number! there is no mention of current for september 2014

AFRICA 81,100 Except: Egypt 32,250

ASIA 13,350 Except: Nepal 9,500

EUROPE 40,150

NORTH AMERICA CURRENT
(BAHAMAS)

OCEANIA 1,450

SOUTH AMERICA, 1,750
My case number is 87xxx from Africa! any chance to be called after september?

finally came out the last vb and it is not good!!
hi raevsky it seems like you were right from the beginning latest vb for dv2014 is online! Africa, Europe etc.. have specific cut-off number! there is no mention of current for september 2014

AFRICA 81,100 Except: Egypt 32,250

ASIA 13,350 Except: Nepal 9,500

EUROPE 40,150

NORTH AMERICA CURRENT
(BAHAMAS)

OCEANIA 1,450

SOUTH AMERICA, 1,750
My case number is 87xxx from Africa! any chance to be called after september?
Of course
NOT

Forget about this lottery and start to work for your own future.......... Don't wait for luck anymore...... You should work hard for your own happiness..........
you are correct 'nerandima'...but i'm still wondering why i was selected by God..if he think i deserve it..so what the hell the end was like this.. this 14 months was drown with lots of dreams , future plans, money, valuable times, and disapointments...

you are correct 'nerandima'...but i'm still wondering why i was selected by God..if he think i deserve it..so what the hell the end was like this.. this 14 months was drown with lots of dreams , future plans, money, valuable times, and disapointments...
how do u know whether you're selected by GOD? maybe the one who choose you is devil who wants to give you temptation..
Keep believing in GOD, my friend... He always know what is the best for us..

how do u know whether you're selected by GOD? maybe the one who choose you is devil who wants to give you temptation..
Keep believing in GOD, my friend... He always know what is the best for us..

One concept you guys will need to appreciate if / when you move to the USA, is the concept of the separation of Church and State. The STATE drew your name out of the initial draw, and deemed you deserving of further processing (by meeting minimum processing standards). God and/or the Devil (if you choose to believe in such) had nothing to do with this.

Just my 2 cents opinion anyway.

:p

"The Numerical limit fo Nepal has been met. if you havent get interview scheduling letter then it is very unlikely to receive one."... this is the mail reply from Us Embassy Kathmandu Nepal. So the dv is full and final and stop for Nepal....

Hi guys
What have been say previously is scaring me.
In last October we went for one week in chicago for holidays. French don't need a visa but just an ESTA. On this one we didn't say that we wanted to immigrate because at this stage we weren 't sure to became current AND we intend to go there ONLY for holidays.
When I will have my interview they will see on our passport that we went to USA in October :(
Is it a problem?
Thanks for your answer

"The Numerical limit fo Nepal has been met. if you havent get interview scheduling letter then it is very unlikely to receive one."... this is the mail reply from Us Embassy Kathmandu Nepal. So the dv is full and final and stop for Nepal....

:) I got this reply a couple of weeks ago..