• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September VB - DV14 Last Chapter

Ups. Did I missed it? Can you repeat that link?
I only saw a link with total number of entrants, and number of selectees per country.

Sad, but true...
I have a high CN in DV2015 (EU 44xxx). I would like to know what to do with my life in the next 12 months. Prepare to sell the house?, send kids for more english classes?, do not sign long time agreements? etc. I would like to know better what are my chances for the interview. That is why I would like to do more stats...

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...y-visa/diversity-visa-program-statistics.html
First link has entrants by country, broken down into principal and dependents.

Yeah, I know it's difficult. We feel like we've been in limbo a long time now. All I can say is that if you are given a visa you have a year and a half basically to make a final move if you stretch your timelines, so for now go on as normal.

Szym, as Susie says, you should not do anything special.

Given current data your chance next year is almost zero.

EU2014 had 46500 selected people while 2015 has 40000. Ukraine and Uzbekistan were capped to lower number of draws as well, so there won't probably be any special cut of resulting in big gaps for higher CN's.

The only thing you can hope for is the change of quota for EU region. But that is really hard to predict.

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...y-visa/diversity-visa-program-statistics.html
First link has entrants by country, broken down into principal and dependents.

Yeah, I know it's difficult. We feel like we've been in limbo a long time now. All I can say is that if you are given a visa you have a year and a half basically to make a final move if you stretch your timelines, so for now go on as normal.

Thanks Susie for the link. I will do more stats later on, since now I have to follow my normal life... ...that is go to work :)

I am hoping that DV2015 without Nigeria will have higher EU quota.
I am also still hoping that September VB for DV2014 will raise the EU cut-off. At least that is what my statistics say right now (my estimated cut-off is higher), but as you mentioned earlier - there are so many unknown factors, that it is hard to predict anyting.

B
No one can answer this question because we all just don't know but it is possible. If you call KCC, some will say yes and some will say no because they have no clue how DV14 is going to end.

But I just have a feeling that it is not final yet. Why? Because for Asia it pushed Cambodia Aug interviews into Sept. They are doing that because they doesn't want a special cut off for Cambodia and to have more visa slots for Rest of Asia in Aug. The question is if Sept only increase 650 CN (which is about 150 selectees or less) then why push Aug with 3800 CN (more than 1k selectees in Aug) when they can just spread it into 2 months. Possible answer is that they are waiting to see the outcome of the interviews for one more month to better decide what to do next and they are leaving some room for any extra interviews needed in Sept. It might or might not change but it is possible. So, just wait until 15th of Aug to call off the DV dream. Remember we have lost everything in DV now and we have nothing more to lose.

But If you look back Visa BulletinYou will find Did it not change after publication In all previous years
I hope I am, wrong
I need to just +380

B

But If you look back Visa BulletinYou will find Did it not change after publication In all previous years
I hope I am, wrong
I need to just +380

I think that if DV 2014 has shown us anything, it's that previous years are no predictor of what's to come this time. Don't give up until the September VB graces travel.state.gov. It's three weeks and a few days away.

Should i give up and forget this dv / continue? CN AS13,6xxx (DV2015)...about 300 more to get current if i had been selected for 2014, me and my wife are in limbo now.. We fight and argue a lot over this since this is a very life-changing event..

What are my chances of getting current?

I feel really sorry for those who miss out just by 1 lol, calling AS13,351, EU40,151

I think they should implement different system, like employment / family-based visa... Use priority date rather than this silly queue number-esque system.

To be honest ,I have never been frustrated like this in my life. I don't know what how to do now. I have hold my life doing nothing for about 14months now. Got probs with my fiance bc I didn't want us to have future plans bc of this stuff. He wanted to move on with his life but i thank God he held on for me. Am now in deep dilemma as I had a 100%sure of travelling. Truely never puts ur eggs in one basket. Regreatable me.i wish I could see the future. Call kcc and was told by a guy am sorry madam unfortunately have been realise a case number was released so my advice is to try dv2016. Thank u

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DKK
I think they should implement different system, like employment / family-based visa... Use priority date rather than this silly queue number-esque system.

Priority dates work when time isn't an issue. You have a law that says they can issue a maximum of 55k visas every fiscal year. What other system do you think would work better given those constraints? No matter what system you use, even if you use dates (how? If that is the criterion guaranteed you will crash the computers as everyone tries to submit at the same time) the fact is that if there are more people than visas, someone will lose out.

Should i give up and forget this dv / continue? CN AS13,6xxx (DV2015)...about 300 more to get current if i had been selected for 2014, me and my wife are in limbo now.. We fight and argue a lot over this since this is a very life-changing event..

I feel really sorry for those who miss out just by 1 lol, calling AS13,351, EU40,151

Why to give up? You have good chance.

Your number is too low to give up. I would guess that Nigeria will give you the increase over 2014 you need.

Even putting your life on hold is a good thing. For the next year, you won't be buying cap you don't need, you will make do with what you have and save your money. If your number goes current then you are ready, if not you saved money for a year. That can be positive too...

Hi guys,

Anyone received a 2nd notification email yet? I have not, also logged into the esc status check to no avail.

A quick question

Has anyone considered going to Hawaii? We want to go somewhere where it is sunny, has a fresh sea breeze, that isn't overcrowded, with no traffic.

I have seen one website that compares living expenses to other cities, and it seems that Hawaii is say 30 percent more expensive than San Diego. Do you think hat one would be able to find professional employment easily for engineers and entrepreneurial business type jobs?

Cheers
Frogman

A quick question

Has anyone considered going to Hawaii? We want to go somewhere where it is sunny, has a fresh sea breeze, that isn't overcrowded, with no traffic.

I have seen one website that compares living expenses to other cities, and it seems that Hawaii is say 30 percent more expensive than San Diego. Do you think hat one would be able to find professional employment easily for engineers and entrepreneurial business type jobs?

Cheers
Frogman
... "with no traffic" :D Check this out, an easy websearch will do...

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/gr...amed-worst-u-s-city-traffic-article-1.1084552

Last edited:
A quick question

Cheers
Frogman

Uh, I don't want to pour cold water here, but somewhere that isn't overcrowded/no traffic is unlikely to be somewhere it's easy to find professional employment. Possibly you want a small town on a coast within commutable distance of a large city? San Diego btw is very nice (if Hawaii is 30% more expensive then, eek....), warm weather and (if I remember your country properly?) quite a few Saffers.

Dude, thanks for bursting my bubble. :eek:
No problem. If you are seeking to work specifically in tourism, it well might be the right place for you. Otherwise you may want to consider Chicagoland as an option, which is great place with lot's of successful and striving immigrant communities, without the mess NYC or LA sometimes are. The reality here is much better than the image (exactly the opposite as for Hawaii), don't let yourself be frightened about the winter or other horror stories. Visit any time during the year and you may just love it here...

250px-Chicagoland_Area_Update.GIF

Last edited:
Uh, I don't want to pour cold water here, but somewhere that isn't overcrowded/no traffic is unlikely to be somewhere it's easy to find professional employment. Possibly you want a small town on a coast within commutable distance of a large city? San Diego btw is very nice (if Hawaii is 30% more expensive then, eek....), warm weather and (if I remember your country properly?) quite a few Saffers.
:) http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Saffers