Separate application for mother and father?

vivek.gupta765

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I just got my US citizenship, and am planning to file the green card of my parents. The form I-130 says "you must file a separate form I-130 for each eligible relative". What does this mean? Do I fill a separate I-130 form for my mother and father? Do I need to send the applications separately?

Also, Form I-864 part3 Q9 asks "I am sponsoring the following members immigrating at the same time or within six months of the principal immigrant named in Part 2 above. Do not include any relative listed on a separate visa petition". What does this mean? Since I will be filing a separate I-130 for both mother and father, do I also need a separate I-864 for both of them? Also, in my father's application, should I mention that I am also sponsoring my mother (and vice versa).

thx!

The form I-130 says "you must file a separate form I-130 for each eligible relative". What does this mean? Do I fill a separate I-130 form for my mother and father? Do I need to send the applications separately?

You need to file an I-130 for each parent, but can send them together.

What does this mean? Since I will be filing a separate I-130 for both mother and father, do I also need a separate I-864 for both of them? Also, in my father's application, should I mention that I am also sponsoring my mother (and vice versa).

You need a separate I-864 for each, but do not mention them in each other's I-864.