Sep - Dec : Montreal CPers.

Thanks Eelavan, but...

Eelavan,
therefore, how long did it take you since submission of Packet 3 to the interview date. did you have all documents ready when your packet 3 came in...and did you send your packet 3 right away. i am still about a month from having documents ready...but the issue is that my case (is probably) already sent to the consulate, and therefore, they would start processing immdly, right?...and when they receive info from NVC, they would have a visa number? ...or would it be a standard rule that it is about 2 months after they (consulate) recieve packet 3 info from NVC.

btw, i am doing this myself..therefore, this forum is my best source of info. would some experienced CPers reply on your point of view.
also, could we keep this open even AFTER dec\', because, this discussion group has been very useful for many who are CPing at Montreal!
thanks,
akola

No Title

We like to keep this thread open and alive but we also need some answers from experienced CPers. Have you received your P3. What are the documents that have to be submitted with P3?

documents necessary for packet 3

Ara2000,
the most time consuming documents needed for packet 3 are the birth certificate (see examples in www.immihelp.com), police clearance certificates. yes, a fingerprint based is necessary. you basically have to go to your local police station and show them the "form letter (letter that comes with packet 3), request a set of fingerprints and send it to the RCMP office in Ottawa (i think people have gone in before without a form letter and have requested fingerprints and sent them and that has worked well). for Canadian citizens or permanent residents, you have to send a fingerprint based to the RCMP. you do not need a police certificate from every locality or city that you lived in . it usually takes (according to previous posts) about 30-40 days to get that back. you also have to take police certificates from your country (in my case, consulate/embassy).
these are the most time-consuming. if you look for SteveD\'s earlier posts in this discussion group, you will find the exact details of his experiences and valuable tips (thanks to him). i do not have my packet 3 on me right now, but will post tomorrow again if there\'s something i missed. or maybe someone else can add something. what step are you in now?
take care
akola

No Title

Thanks akola;
My I-140 was approved on 10/31 and I\'m waiting for P3.
Regarding the Police Certificate I have a name based one and I saw this info on www.immihelp.com which sort of encouraged me:

Police certificates from Canada
Information about police certificate from Canada can be found here.
Department of State mentions different procedure for each province of Canada for obtaining police certificates. That information can be found here.
They are also called RCMP certificate as police certificates from Canada are obtained from RCMP(Royal Canadian Mounted Police). Police certificates are required for consular processing for those currently living in Canada for 6 months or longer or for those not currently living in Canada, but who did live in Canada for more than 1 year.

If you look up the blue pages (government offices) of your phone book, you will see RCMP phone # under "Canada" section. In Toronto the number is 416-363-9072

There are two types of police certificates, one is name check based and other is finger print based. Only name check based police certificates are required for US immigration. Finger print based police certificates are for Canadian immigration.

I know this subject has been debated for a long time on this board and I guess nobody wants to take a chance.
A quick question if you don\'t mind. What does the cover letter or the instructions in the P3 exactly say about the PC, does it specifically mention the type? (NB or FPB).

Thanks again

No Title

ara2000
it says that former residents of canada (i am one as in i lived there and am a PR of canada), should take the letter that they have sent and go to the local police station and show them the letter and request fingerprints. then send it to the RCMP address in Ottawa.
hope that helps,
akola

Interview date December 18th -Packet-IV check list?

I am scheduled for an interview on December 18th. Any one has a good check list for documents to carry?

Planning to have medical in Toronto on 17th (same day pickup)and leave by evening train to Montreal for interveiew on 18th.

I would appreciate a good check lsit from anyone.

Thanks

Fedex can speed up the process

I got my police certificate in 5 weeks... But I sent them thru fedex and also provided them with a return fedex envelop. But it did take them about 3 weeks to put the info into the system.

You can either call them or email them to check on your status. They will usually return you call or email within 3 business days....

Bank statement - how should it be?

To support I-134, I asked for a bank statement.
My credit union gave me letter with date opened and
balance. They say they can\'t calculate avarage balance,
total deposits for 12 months etc.
Do you think my letter is sufficient?
I plan to take my monthly statements too.
Please respond?
Thanks in advance.
Eelavan