Sep - Dec : Montreal CPers.

Indian Police Clearance from San Francisco Consulate

Yes, I paid $22 for me and my wife. So $11 per person is the right amount. Make sure you take a valid passport, two photos, original I-94 or I-797(H1B approval), and a lot of patience.

You need all police clearances before PK3 arrives.

You know that Consulate wants you to submit documents before 11:00 a.m. and return 4:00 p.m. to pick up. Like world revolves around them and people do not have anything better to do. No concept of public relations at Indian Consulate. Good luck.

RCMP clearance - Finger Print based only accepted

Please do not be under the illusion. There are no shortcuts. Only finger print based clearance is accepted. Do not be surprised if at the time of interview, you are asked to produce a finger print based police clearance.

Are you ready to take a chance? Be advised, take extra precaution and avoid any hastle later on.

No Title

Any one\'s case recently transferred from St. Louis to New Hampshire?
I havent heard anything on mine and NO luck with NVC.

Its the biggest blunder in CP... Should have sent it to Mumbai instead. Now I am looking at a possible Dec date.

Mailing the checks to St. Louis and then getting paperwork forwarded to New Hapmshire procedure is totally bullshit.

Whoever reads this hopefully will avoid this and go to India to do there CP!

Leagl status in Canada / Montreal

My packet 3 is being reviewed at NVC for Montreal
I got a query from NVC to explain my ties to Canada and provide evidence for that. Basically they want to know if I was a Canadian citizen or a landed immigrant etc. I provided copies of my VISA. This added another one month ( atleast) delay to the process.

I wonder why my lawyer did not tell me that NVC needs such a paper.

Moral of the story is Montreal wants to know your legal status in Canada to process your application.

Take care.

Yes, of course!

Montreal CP only for Canadian Citizens or longterm residents. Details in PacketIII.

Montreal CP - What is the approx time between filing completed Pkt 3 to interview date

1. Can those who have completed CP at Montreal respond on the time period between filing completed pkt 3 (to St. Louis) and the interview date at US Consulate in Montreal.

2. Has any one seen the bearded guy during CPs at Montreal lately?

1. About 3-4 weeks between St. Louis and case review

In one case, about 3-4 weeks between St. Louis receiving the pkt 3 and NVC reviewing the case. After reviewing the case, expect an interview from the next 20th of the month to be month+2. i.e. if reviewed in September before the 20th, expect an interview in Novemeber.

Note: This does not account for re-scheduled interviews as a result of the recent tragic events. So a December interview could be likely as well.

The lawyer must not have read the pkt 3 material -- it is clearly stated

It is very clear in the "Supplementary Instructions of OF-169 for Canadian Applicants" that proof of residence is required. (it is in Bold too)
The stated purpose, among other things, is to prove that "you could legally reside in Canada for at least six months prior to your entering the United States."

Frustrating when some lawyers make assumptions about where/how/what information is required for NVC/St.Louis without reading clear instructions!

Packet-3 with NVC for over 4 weeks. Not reviewed as yet. Anyone in same boat?

My packet3 was received on August 13th, it has not been reviewed as yet. Anyone recourse or suggestions?

No Title

I am in the same boat. Packet received on August 22nd in St. Louis,
the NVC system still state the status as waiting for Packet 3. I am
not optimistic of meeting the Sept 20th monthly deadline to get
a November interview in Montreal.

Does anybody know
(1) how the scheduling works? i.e. why some people get interviews
in the early part of the month and others get interviews in the latter
part of the month?

(2) if Montreal consulate is operating with reduced staff?

Thanks.

ruski01

Montreal is ALPHA consulate.

Least affected by all this. Consulates in other countries could see delays upto 6 or 9 months. Too early to tell yet.

No Title

NVC finally received my P3 from St. Louis on Sep 19th. Packet3 was received by St. Louis on Aug 18th. So it took 4 weeks to receive NVC. When I talked with a rep today she told me it takes them 4-6 weeks to review the paperwork.

I have read reviews here of cases being reviewed in 10 days. So optimistic of a Dec. interview!

Veteran

No Title

Congrats Veteran on moving one step closer!

As you might remember, my case was received by NVC on 24th August, they reviewed it on 5th September, so guess around
2 weeks is a reasonable estimate. However, they wanted a clarification about the expiry date of my passport, which was sent
back to them on 14th (delayed due to the recent tragedy), and now they say, they need another 4 to 6 weeks before they can
complete the review. I am surprised that they take the same amount of time for the first review and re-review after clarifications!
Even if they take 2 weeks, I still missed out on the september 20th deadline pushing my interview to december :-(

Does anyone on this board ever had their case reviewed (or should I say re-reviewed), say on 25th of the month and still
managed to get an interview on X+2? I ask this because the State Dept accepts requests for Visa numbers from consulates
for sure till the end of each month and actually upto the first few days of the next month even. (well, it doesn\'t hurt to hope)!
in Montreal?