Sep 2009 filers Post here

GC Interview question

Hello,
We have our interview scheduled on Dec 15. I would like to discuss the doc required for interview.

List of Doc we have:
Joint Tax return for 2008
Joint Car insurance
Joint Checking Account
CC statement on this add from past 1 year (both of us)
Marraige album
Marraige invitation card
Marraige certificate (from India)
Wifes life ins pocily with my name as beneficiary on it

Thats all we have. We stay in private home with no lease so dont have either lease papers or utility bills on our name. Now should these doc be fine? No job so no health insurance

Also we have some 1-day trips here and there so we have some pics. Can we take a CD of it or I have to develop them and take it?

Anybody feels that I need somemore docs than pls advise. All/Any advise is highly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Hello,
We have our interview scheduled on Dec 15. I would like to discuss the doc required for interview.

List of Doc we have:
Joint Car insurance
Joint Checking Account
Marraige album
Marraige invitation card

Thats all we have. We stay in private home with no lease so dont have either lease papers or utility bills on our name. Now should these doc be fine? No job so no health insurance

Also we have some 1-day trips here and there so we have some pics. Can we take a CD of it or I have to develop them and take it?

Anybody feels that I need somemore docs than pls advise. All/Any advise is highly appreciated

Thanks in advance

We also live in a private home and don't have leasing agreements & utility bills in our names. The only bills we have is TV, internet, phone & gym membership. Our interview is in a few days also so I hope its not a problem. :eek:

Would you know if we need a Certified wedding certificate or the sighting of the original is enough?

We also live in a private home and don't have leasing agreements & utility bills in our names. The only bills we have is TV, internet, phone & gym membership. Our interview is in a few days also so I hope its not a problem. :eek:

Would you know if we need a Certified wedding certificate or the sighting of the original is enough?

Can't you guys get like an affidavit letter from the person you rent from? stating that you live there together and pay monthly rent or something like that?

When I had my interview the officer asked me for my property deed (we own a house!) but she also asked me to see the bank account statement and show her where is the house payment.

Hello,

List of Doc we have:
Joint Car insurance
Joint Checking Account
Marraige album
Marraige invitation card

Thanks in advance

Do not bring pictures in a disk, they won't look at it, and they will need you to come back with more evidence. Develop them!

Get the pictures developed at CVS or Walgreens 1 hour photo. Make sure you make a album with lots of pictures because they might ask for pictures for them to keep.

Make sure you guys are taking ORIGINALS of everything. Take the certified copies but have the originals with you because they will ask to see those.

Can't you guys get like an affidavit letter from the person you rent from? stating that you live there together and pay monthly rent or something like that?

When I had my interview the officer asked me for my property deed (we own a house!) but she also asked me to see the bank account statement and show her where is the house payment.

I have a notarized affidavit letter from our landlord mentioning that he is our landlord and that we do live together on his property.

So the evidence I have is as follows:

My husband's health benefits - both names
TV, Cable, Phone bills - both names
Gym membership - both names
My car insurance which my husband is a beneficiary to (when I came to the US I took out international car insurance until I get a US driving licence)
Savings account - both names
Affidavit letter from landlord that we live on his property and he is our landlord
Emails from 2006 to and from eachother
Emails of our vacations together in US and abroad
Photo album with our parents, wedding
Receipts of gifts my husband sent me and gifts I sent him

Is this not enough?

Does the marriage certificate have to be Certified? I read on a post that someone was asked to produce a certified marriage certificate. I thought the original was enough!

priority date on the interview notice

what's the prioirt date on the interview notice mine states the same as the interview date... Please if any one knows what it is

Thanks

hi all,
When you guys get the interview letter, do you see any update on the case status online.

I have no update for almost a month.. I m slowly getting impatient

Can people who used lawyer to file, answer me this question please..

Does your lawyer get a copy of the interview letter as well, when you receive your own.. I am trying to rule out the possibility of my letter being lost in the mail

Can people who used lawyer to file, answer me this question please..

Does your lawyer get a copy of the interview letter as well, when you receive your own.. I am trying to rule out the possibility of my letter being lost in the mail
Yes, they get also get a copy of the IL.

Received 2nd 'card production ordered' update notice by email.

I checked the mail and got the I-130 petition approval as well.

Got IL for Jan 12. I see only me and hii in newark. Are there anybody else?

Good luck for everyone on your interviews.

Hi,

I had interview today morning and I don't know why the IO asked for my School transcripts, even I had the I-20 with me ( F-1 visa).
and during interview she told us I will review your case later as I have more cases to review and I m behind the time.
Please , help me. Does anyone know how many days it take to RFE arrive? and is it possible they decline my GC. Interview was perfect nothing went wrong, except transcript.