Sending kid to India with grand parents

Grandhipal

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My son is born here in US and is now about 2 years old. My parents are visiting us from India on Visitor Visa. I like to know if it is possible to send my son to India without his mom or myself so that his grand parents alone can accompany my son.

We obtained PIO card for my son. What kind of paper work is needed to avoid problems during travel. I understand there are strict rules to address international abduction etc.
Thanks,
Pal

One of my friends had send his son with his mom when he was just a few months old. Just to be safe, maybe a good idea to have a notarized letter from both you and your wife saying that you are sending your son with his grand-parents. I presume your son has a US Passport and you have got his PIO card, so it should not be a problem.

can h4 be stamped in chennai

hi
I am a h 4 holder i plan to visit to chennai and get my stamping done in chennai my spouse who is in H 1 is not coming with me , all of our visas have expired, we have H1 till 2006 , will there be problem in chennai for getting my stamping done , it will be nice if somebody can shed light on this Thanks