Self renewal of EAD -- Share Experiences

pv2002

Registered Users (C)
Has someone in this forum applied for an EAD extension personally. If so please share your experiences and also all the required documents etc.

Atleast we can file for this and remain legal while the 140 hunt continues.

I did apply for EAD renewal in June 100 days before expiration day. Got approved in 30 days and received my card 6 days later. Expiration - 1 year after original date on the EAD that expires in September.

E-FILE seems easier...

I have filed the EAD renewals for myself and my spouse through the BCIS online facility. It is very easy and takes very less time. I had some questions and i called BCIS and i was told to leave the column that was doubtful. At the end of e-filing, we will get the EAC# and other information (confirmation page). After the e-filing, i called BCIS again, i fixed an appt for the photo session at the local Appln. support center.

We took the printouts of that confirmation page, drivers license, passport to the ASC.

They took us the photos, finger prints and got the digital signature. It took less than 5 minutes at the ASC... I will mail the supporting docs in a couple of days...

If i had applied through the employer they would'nt have given the EAC numbers, they would have applied only at the last moment and try to screw up things. It is easy to do it on your own....

Snowebll,,

You gave a wonderful suggestion to all our fellow filers man..
appreciations ..Thanks from all of us..:):):)

there was no queue at Boston office

I don't think you will be made to wait more than 20-30 minutes, than the time given to you. When you call BCIS and fix the appointment., the rep gives you a confirmation number with the time, the ASC gets that information electronically. When I went to the boston office, the officer verified my name and EAC# against a printed list. So, if you get at the right time, you won't have to wait for a long time. Even, if you have to wait, it is worth waiting, because you can be assured that there won't be any RFE on photos. You might have to wait for the same time in the studio, if you go there for photographs. ASC does the fingerprint, signature and photos within 5 minutes and a supervisor verifies that for quality.

Tammy, i have submitted the renewal about 112 days before its expiry, let us see if this helps the approval of long pending I-140!

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD renewal.....

Do we need to take photographs to ASC(local Application Support Center ) or they take photos/fingerprints there itself if we file EAD electronically (e-file)
Which one is better ? E-file or manual filing ?
Pl. let me know....

E-filing

Sgw,

If u do E-filing, photo+FP+Signature should be done at ASC. I did the e-filing on a Monday and got the receipt notice from VSC on Friday, itself. I don't know which one is faster/better.. But, read through my other postings in this thread.

Good Luck!

Hi Snowbell,

The notice date on the receipt notice which you got from the VSC is same as that of electronic filing date. Please clarify..... ..

What supporting documents do we need to submit if we are filing electronically.

Are ASC charging any money for the photos or any other fee etc.

Thanks

E-FILING

I did the e-filing on July 21st and the notice date is the same on the Receipt notice.

There is no money for ASC services like Photo/FP/Signature.

I have submitted :--

A covering letter
485 Copy
140 Copy
Copy of the Receipt notice (screen shot) from the E-filing.
I-94 departure record (front and back)
Front and back of current EAD
A stub which came with the Previous EAD approval notice

Thanks snowbell for the info. Since this will be my first EAD, I donot have to worry about the last two items listed in your list of supporting documents. Is that right?

all the best jalma!

Yes, you can't provide those 2 docs, if u file the EAD for the first time. You can also call BCIS and ask questions regarding the E-filing.

Snowbell,
Thanks for the reply........
I did e-file last week and got my receipt notice.
Well, I fixed my appointment in PHL service center for Photos & FP.
I am going to send all supporting docs. next week.,..

Hello Snowbell and others,

I am applying for my EAD card through mail. I received the application with a signature card, on which we have to place a fingerprint on the box. Is that the print of my first finger or the thumb print. Please clarify as i am confused here.

So far i have not submitted any fingerprints to BCIS.

Thanks in advance.

Finger printing on the card?

This is a news for me. Since, i did the e-filing, i went to ASC and did the FP. Hopefully, some EAD applicant would help you....

For the eFile Supporting Docs :
Is the I-140 "Approval Notice" Required ?

I currently have the I-140 Filing Receipt only.
Can I attach the receipt with a printout of the "Online Approval" msg ?