Selective Services issue.

doroppu666

I entered the US through my parents under f43 visa at the age of 21. I'm 27 now and started to work on my citizenship when I encounter the Selective Services. I can't remember anything about that so I went to check online. I tried to verify online, filled out last name, ssn, and birthdate only to find out I'm not registered with SSS. I'm clueless on what to do next. I've read different article wherein they said that can be processed automatically when I applied for Permanent Residency. Can you direct me, what to do next or my other options. Thanks.

If you're male, USCIS should have registered you automatically for Selective Service when you immigrated, as you were between 18 and 26 at that time. But the Selective Service web-based system does not have access to all the registration records, and it is often unable to verify those where the individual did not already have an SSN during the green card process.

Call them and they can do additional searching to check whether you were registered.

I called them today and I told them about my situation. They just asked for my info and the problem was they don't have my SSN when I was registered (through the immigration process) to SSS. Thanks for the info. It's really helpful..