Selective Service Registration - Question #33 on naturalization application

trezor

Registered Users (C)
Hi. I filed my application a few days ago. I was looking over it recently and I noticed that I accidently answered "No" to question number #33. It states:

Are you a male who lived in the United States at any time between your 18th and 26th birthdays in any status except as a lawful nonimmigrant?

*If you answered "NO," go on to question 34.
* If you answered "YES," provide the information below.
* If you answered "YES," but you did not register with the Selective Service System and are still under 26 years of age, you must register before you apply for naturalization, so that you can complete the information below:
* If you answered "YES", but you did not register with the Selective Service System and you are now 26 years old or older, attach a statement explaining why you did not register.

I came to the US when I was 12 years old and have had a green card ever since. I am over 18 years old now and I did register for the selective services and I even provided my Selective services number and registration date in my naturalization application where it was indicated. The only typo that the organization handling my application made on that question (#33) is to accidentally answer "No". I know that the answer should've been a "Yes". Is this going to be a serious problem? How can I fix my answer to that question? I really dont want the USCIS to delay my application only because of a minor typo. Please give me some ideas. Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not worry about that Trezor,

there will be a moment at the interview where the officer will ask you if you want to change something. And/or also the officer will go question by question checking with you. When you get to the question #33 tell the officer your mistake. he/she will fix it and both of you will put your initial besides the change.

This will not delay your process at all. Good luck.

Also it will be a good idea to take a new application with the change of question #33. The officer might just take the new application or just that page.

No need to take another app, He/She will change it once you will answer yes to Q.33 at the interview and have you initial it.
He/She will go over all the questions in person anyways and have you sign the N-400 again.

How can I fix my answer to that question? I really dont want the USCIS to delay my application only because of a minor typo. Please give me some ideas. Thanks!!
You can update it at interview. Bring selective service registration letter to interview as well.