• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Selectees on 22nd October, report here!

If you look at the AOS Threads no matter now high the number they all got their green cards. One person from 2012 ai134 got his application lost only to get his interview on the last day of the fiscal year and managed to get the GC without an appointment.
No Point of getting anxious now until you get current. Everyone will get current.

I (personally) am still not a selectee for the 22nd October drawing. That's fine because my wife is the selectee, so giving me a case number would be a waste.

jaagoda, I will explain You everything once again from scratch

1. I wasn't selected , my status is still "HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED"
2. Yesterday, I placed information here from out polish forum, that we have one lady who claims that she has been selected.
3. She claims that her number is EU29XXX
Moreover, she told us that:
4 on 1 may she had status "HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED"
5 in the meantime, when she checked she had status "HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED"
6 yesterday, her status has changed, and now her status is "You are among those randomly selected..."
7 her date of selection is 1, may 2012, but in the period from 1 may till 22 october her status was "HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED"

Do whatever You want with this information.

I got it. I actually went on that forum and saw all her posts from last night after reading your posts on this forum. Relax now :)

1. 100k entries are drawn before May 1st, that data is officially published;
2. On May 1st supposedly 60k entries are selected and selected persons informed;
3. In the case of need more persons are informed in one or more batches up to total number of 100k previously drawn;

Of all the posts in this thread, Telesfor's statement makes the most sense to me.
It gives the KCC 5 to 6 months to calculate the numbers still required based on the response they have got so far. Then they can release more selectees to cover the shortfall they think they have. Telesfor, Where did u get this info or are u guessing this is what happens? if u are guessing, I think u could be close to the truth

Of all the posts in this thread, Telesfor's statement makes the most sense to me.
It gives the KCC 5 to 6 months to calculate the numbers still required based on the response they have got so far. Then they can release more selectees to cover the shortfall they think they have. Telesfor, Where did u get this info or are u guessing this is what happens? if u are guessing, I think u could be close to the truth

I am glad you agree with me. It is based on my personal experience and observation. The 1st point is based on official data so easy to be confirmed. The exact number of people selected to be informed at any time is not obvious and may vary. But various sources suggest it is about 60% in May.

Except...

I am glad you agree with me. It is based on my personal experience and observation. The 1st point is based on official data so easy to be confirmed. The exact number of people selected to be informed at any time is not obvious and may vary. But various sources suggest it is about 60% in May.

With one exception though. It seems that all (or most) winning entries from Africa were informed. Members of this forum report CN ranging from 0*** to 8**** which is in the range of expected max CN for Africa this year.

For Asia the range is 0** to 97XX, giving a max CN of ~10k representing ~6.7k entries - 42%
For Europe the range is 10XX to 25*** giving a max CN of ~27k (though I can't estimate the number of entries it represents. Seems less than 16k - ~49%)

So the 60% theory is perhaps the average
Africa 100%
Europe <49%
Asia 42%

Is this how things normally go?

Pardon my ignorance guys, but I've been following this thread since yesterday and I'm kind of completely clueless as to how this normally works.

What normally happens during second drawings? Everyone seems confused so, should we be getting a "You haven't been selected, sign up for DV2014?" instead of the same message that's been on the site since may?

Obee my friende that mean 1 person selected over two will not have the visa either by :

1- not satisfying the requirements

2- did not even noticed that he has won

3- his CN is high to be called for an interview

If you want to follow previous statistics of final results DOS selects were less than 100k and the chances of getting the visa was 1 over 2 but now that DOS selects over 100k the chances is 1 over 3 specially base on the massive increase of entries KCC receive in recent DV programs.
From DV1997 when 5k visas were stipulated out from the 55k visas now allocated to Nicaragua and also because not all region gets their visa allocated exaulted out i.e the oceania region.

Remember its only in recent times that we now have visas alloted for a fiscal year program never exaulted out but from previous years visas alloted for a fiscal year were exaulted out.

If you look at the AOS Threads no matter now high the number they all got their green cards. One person from 2012 ai134 got his application lost only to get his interview on the last day of the fiscal year and managed to get the GC without an appointment.
No Point of getting anxious now until you get current. Everyone will get current.

I couldn't have said it better:cool::cool:

Etzar, this "second drawing" thing is happening for the first time since the "all-electronic" entry and notification scheme - so many of us don't really know exactly what is going on behind the scenes. But we are all smart people, and we are guessing!

The really confusing part is the wording on the "you have not been selected" page. My guess is that the programmers at whoever is responsible for the DV status check web page have not been asked to put new verbiage out there that is clear and concise. We are ALL confused by the fact that the page says more may be selected in "early October".

I would think at this point everyone who has a chance at 2013 has the ability to see that they have been selected for further processing through the status page - but since there will be some people who NEVER check (for various reasons), there might be some space at the end of the line next (fiscal) year.

For me and mine, we will probably still check our status once a month, just to see if a miracle has occurred. We've already entered DV2014. Just for safety, we would have entered DV2014 even if getting a slot in DV2013 - especially if we had a high number.

It is confusing, and the messages from state.gov are confusing. But I guess we know that there are people who checked their status after May 1 and it was "no", and have checked after October 22nd and it is now "yes".

Sukie

I'm on the same page as you Sukie - I have decided to check once a month also, with my long term focus being May 1 2013. We can all guess what goes on over the in Kentucky but at the end of the day I doubt we will ever know really.

Q

Sukie, Qewty,,,

That's what i gonna do as well. Nevertheless chances stay the same.
But i also gonna try to find some other manners. Other Visa.
It's damn hard to get in, this country is closed;)

Etzar, this "second drawing" thing is happening for the first time since the "all-electronic" entry and notification scheme - so many of us don't really know exactly what is going on behind the scenes. But we are all smart people, and we are guessing!

The really confusing part is the wording on the "you have not been selected" page. My guess is that the programmers at whoever is responsible for the DV status check web page have not been asked to put new verbiage out there that is clear and concise. We are ALL confused by the fact that the page says more may be selected in "early October".

I would think at this point everyone who has a chance at 2013 has the ability to see that they have been selected for further processing through the status page - but since there will be some people who NEVER check (for various reasons), there might be some space at the end of the line next (fiscal) year.

For me and mine, we will probably still check our status once a month, just to see if a miracle has occurred. We've already entered DV2014. Just for safety, we would have entered DV2014 even if getting a slot in DV2013 - especially if we had a high number.

It is confusing, and the messages from state.gov are confusing. But I guess we know that there are people who checked their status after May 1 and it was "no", and have checked after October 22nd and it is now "yes".

Sukie

DOS does the draw and announce the results while KCC does the processing.

There is/was no second draw but only some hidden winners in May which we now seen in some of the Oct 22 winners in their NL dated May 1st.

The idea of saying more entries would be selected in early Oct shows that from May 1st till Oct DOS has not updated their website with the same old news that applicants should keep their confirmation Number by keep checking their status.

But there's an end to a particular alloted giving visas out for a fiscal year program.

Non selectees cannot just be checking their status when we all know that by September 30,2013 the program/issuance of visas ends
Or maybe DOS is trying to tell the non selectees that they could update their website or perhaps send more emails to some new hidden winners to check their status maybe that's what i think DOS wants to do.

Well only DOS knows what they are doing.

DOS does the draw and announce the results while KCC does the processing.

There is/was no second draw but only some hidden winners in May which we now seen in some of the Oct 22 winners in their NL dated May 1st.

The idea of saying more entries would be selected in early Oct shows that from May 1st till Oct DOS has not updated their website with the same old news that applicants should keep their confirmation Number by keep checking their status.

But there's an end to a particular alloted giving visas out for a fiscal year program.

Non selectees cannot just be checking their status when we all know that by September 30,2013 the program/issuance of visas ends
Or maybe DOS is trying to tell the non selectees that they could update their website or perhaps send more emails to some new hidden winners to check their status maybe that's what i think DOS wants to do.

Well only DOS knows what they are doing.

Sorry but I'll have to call that BS. There is no such thing as hidden winners or whatever. The Department of State has clearly selected 100k entrants on May 1st, 2012 for further processing. Okay? okay. Now, since this is the first year when they are not mailing notification letters, a lot of the so called "winners" don't even know they have won. Most of them have lost the confirmation number and cannot check, or have lost interest, etc. So since the Department of State received a poor response from the selected entrants so far, thus allowing them to approximate the number of possible Diversity Visas that'll be issued, they will periodically select more winners as they go, that's why they are asking you all to keep your confirmation number until at least SEPTEMBER 2013. If you weren't selected on May 1st, don't lose hope. If you weren't selected on October 22, don't lose hope. Keep on checking your entry status on the dv lottery website throughout this and next year. Until at least next summer.

I strongly believe the Department of State will keep on selecting new winners as they go since this year, for the first time probably in history, they are on the verge of reaching an all time low in what concerns Diversity Visa issuance. So they will periodically select more and more in order to fill that gap.

Sorry but I'll have to call that BS. There is no such thing as hidden winners or whatever. The Department of State has clearly selected 100k entrants on May 1st, 2012 for further processing. Okay? okay. Now, since this is the first year when they are not mailing notification letters, a lot of the so called "winners" don't even know they have won. Most of them have lost the confirmation number and cannot check, or have lost interest, etc. So since the Department of State received a poor response from the selected entrants so far, thus allowing them to approximate the number of possible Diversity Visas that'll be issued, they will periodically select more winners as they go, that's why they are asking you all to keep your confirmation number until at least SEPTEMBER 2013. If you weren't selected on May 1st, don't lose hope. If you weren't selected on October 22, don't lose hope. Keep on checking your entry status on the dv lottery website throughout this and next year. Until at least next summer.

I strongly believe the Department of State will keep on selecting new winners as they go since this year, for the first time probably in history, they are on the verge of reaching an all time low in what concerns Diversity Visa issuance. So they will periodically select more and more in order to fill that gap.

You don't even have an idea of when air priority mail stopped.

DOS stopped sending air mail from DV2012 that winning applicants can check their winning status via their website and get their NL.