Secure community program enforced: Will i be deported?

roberto gasta

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I just read this program target ANY IMMIGRANT that has been arrested and charged by the police: their fingerprints are sent to immigration and they are deported even if the offense is just a violation or disorderly conduct

I am an Italian citizen and permanent resident holding a green card since 2005, I was arrested once in 2009 for patronizing a prostitute but I was convicted only of a violation,

I am confused: is this program targeting UNDOCUMENTED immigrants only?

Please advice
thank you

I just read this program target ANY IMMIGRANT that has been arrested and charged by the police: their fingerprints are sent to immigration and they are deported even if the offense is just a violation or disorderly conduct
That is false. Most misdemeanors are not deportable offenses for legal immigrants.

I am confused: is this program targeting UNDOCUMENTED immigrants only?
Probably. Or you've been fed some misinformation.

Here's how the program works:

If you show up on any database and are found to be in the US Illegally, then you will be deported. Even if you did not commit any crime, but just showed up on a database, you will be deported.

But Legal US Residents can only be deportable if they commit deportable crimes.

Here's how the program works:

If you show up on any database and are found to be in the US Illegally, then you will be deported. .
Even if you are illegal and do commit a crime, you will likely first be tried and sentenced for that crime rather than being automatically deported.