section: unmaried child under age 21 of US citizen ...

dilek

Registered Users (C)
unmaried child under age of 21 of us citizen
uscis jut approved my I 130 case aND right now i have no status!!i came here as a tourist and after my b1 visa expired i waited for my I 130 case result and they approved finalyy!!!

but i have no status right now do i need to file I 485 form? or is there any idea about my situation or what do i need to do cus i really need to work and drive............

thankks

Hello Dilek.

I am in the same situation as you. I'm 20 and my father is a U.S. citizen. I entered the U.S. as a visitor. I was allowed to stay in the country for 90 days. Then we found out I could apply for permanent residency through my father(I-130). We did.
We had to send in form I-485 Adjustment of Status for me to be able to wait in the U.S. until my case "goes" through( I'm still waiting ).
If I remember correctly you have to send in I-485 AOS before the 90 days expire otherwise they can deny you staying in the country while your case is being processed. You can always call USCIS up and ask what forms you need to send in.
On november 18 I've been waiting for 6 months.
Like I said I'm not sure if our cases are similar so I'd call USCIS up and make sure about what you all have to do.
Good luck,

dilek said:
unmaried child under age of 21 of us citizen
uscis jut approved my I 130 case aND right now i have no status!!i came here as a tourist and after my b1 visa expired i waited for my I 130 case result and they approved finalyy!!!

but i have no status right now do i need to file I 485 form? or is there any idea about my situation or what do i need to do cus i really need to work and drive............

thankks

YEs, you need to file I-485 to get in legal status. Im not sure how much you overstayed your visa so be careful if you plan to apply for AP as you might trigger the 3/10 year ban if you leave US on AP.

You can apply for EAD along with your I-485 and once it is approved, you can apply for SSN and get your DL. Some states issues DL without an SSN, so you may want to check with your DMV.

ari4u said:
YEs, you need to file I-485 to get in legal status. Im not sure how much you overstayed your visa so be careful if you plan to apply for AP as you might trigger the 3/10 year ban if you leave US on AP.

You can apply for EAD along with your I-485 and once it is approved, you can apply for SSN and get your DL. Some states issues DL without an SSN, so you may want to check with your DMV.

u mean being illegal right now not a problem to file i 485? AND i can also apply for EAD even i have no status!!!!

dilek said:
u mean being illegal right now not a problem to file i 485? AND i can also apply for EAD even i have no status!!!!

being the immediate relative of a USC, you would be pardoned for your overstay making you eligible to apply for I-485.

Applying for I-485 puts you under a legal status called "Pending AOS" and you would be under this status as long as your AOS application is pending. You can apply for EAD with your I-485.

ari4u said:
being the immediate relative of a USC, you would be pardoned for your overstay making you eligible to apply for I-485.

Applying for I-485 puts you under a legal status called "Pending AOS" and you would be under this status as long as your AOS application is pending. You can apply for EAD with your I-485.
REALLY?? Oh im so happyy right know :))

are u 100% sure that they will pardoned me for my overstayingg is there any site that i can read from ?? thanksss a lot

Form I-485 will not enable you to work. To work you have to file form I-765 application for employment authorization. I never did that and I really regret not doing it.

GREATTT!!! THANKS ALL :)

IM gona start to file my I 485. i am 19 years old can i file my application by myselft or my petitoner need to file it?

and in 1 765 EAD question 15 ask for my current immigration status what should i need put?

CAN I FIRST file EAD THAN i 485 OR THEY have to be filed at the same time??

Dilek, how long have you been waiting so far?
I've soon been waiting for 6 months now.
When you apply for AOS they ask you for a medical examination and affidavit of support aswell. There may also some other forms they need you to fill out and send in.
If you don't send in the medical examination or affidavit of support with form I-485 AOS that is gonna prolong the process of your case They have a list with all the forms on USCIS.gov that you need to send in when applying for adjustment of status.
Edit. oh yeah, what you can do is contact the senators office where you live and see how they can help. They are usually very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
since 2002 and i just got my I 130 approved....iT TOOOk so longg cus i filed the same form 2 times when i first filed it took like 2 years ( they denied cus needed some evidence )and the second time took 8 months and approved...

and didint know that i can file I 485 at the same time when i filed I 130 so i have to WAIT Couple years more to get my GC. : (

dilek said:
since 2002 and i just got my I 130 approved....iT TOOOk so longg cus i filed the same form 2 times when i first filed it took like 2 years ( they denied cus needed some evidence )and the second time took 8 months and approved...

and didint know that i can file I 485 at the same time when i filed I 130 so i have to WAIT Couple years more to get my GC. : (
They denied ur case only because you didn't send in the right evidence? Wow. I'm kinda worried they'll do that to me. When I sent in my affidavit of support we past the poverty line the two first years that we could proove but not the third. My dad didn't have all proof then so we just sent what we had in...
Now he does and we're waiting for them to contact us because of that.

So they denied you without asking first for the evidence? :confused:
that's bad man....
My case has already been approved and I'm waiting for the processing to get done. I just hope there won't be any complications.:)

marengo said:
They denied ur case only because you didn't send in the right evidence? Wow. I'm kinda worried they'll do that to me. When I sent in my affidavit of support we past the poverty line the two first years that we could proove but not the third. My dad didn't have all proof then so we just sent what we had in...
Now he does and we're waiting for them to contact us because of that.

So they denied you without asking first for the evidence? :confused:
that's bad man....
My case has already been approved and I'm waiting for the processing to get done. I just hope there won't be any complications.:)

NO NO they asked for evidence first but it was better for me to filed the same form second time u know what i mean my case is kinda differnet than yours if u send all the requiremntes u will be fine....

dilek said:
GREATTT!!! THANKS ALL :)

IM gona start to file my I 485. i am 19 years old can i file my application by myselft or my petitoner need to file it?

and in 1 765 EAD question 15 ask for my current immigration status what should i need put?

CAN I FIRST file EAD THAN i 485 OR THEY have to be filed at the same time??
???

Try and call up the senators office where you live. They will proably be able to help you.
Good luck,