Second interview

Did you file Form AR-11? If so the date you provide at the interview should match the date you previously reported on Form AR-11.

I agree. One thing which helps is being consistent. While you can not predict what they ask about your marriage, you should go through your N400 application at least 10 times (given your memory) before the next interview so that moving dates, trip dates are fresh in your mind. And as Jack said, if you have a doubt, try to explain the background without giving up too much extra information.

I would like to update on this case in return for people's help. I was unaware of the restriction specifically for naturalization based on marriage with a US citizen. One can not seperate physically with his/her spouse for more than 6 months during the three years period. Therefore, I was denied. Hope those who wish to take this path know about this restrition.

I would like to update on this case in return for people's help. I was unaware of the restriction specifically for naturalization based on marriage with a US citizen. One can not seperate physically with his/her spouse for more than 6 months during the three years period. Therefore, I was denied. Hope those who wish to take this path know about this restrition.
Physical separations of any length can be used to determine status of marital union for marriage based cases, whereas absences outside the US for more than 6 months during statutory period presumes a break in continuous residence unless the applicant can prove otherwise.

Physical separations of any length can be used to determine status of marital union for marriage based cases, whereas absences outside the US for more than 6 months during statutory period presumes a break in continuous residence unless the applicant can prove otherwise.

I was not talking about staying outside of the US for 6 months. I was saying that husband and wife can not be seperated physically for 6 months in order to apply for citizenship based on marrage to a US citizen. According to the officer, many couples who live seperately because of job issues were denied because of this rule.

I was not talking about staying outside of the US for 6 months. I was saying that husband and wife can not be seperated physically for 6 months in order to apply for citizenship based on marrage to a US citizen. According to the officer, many couples who live seperately because of job issues were denied because of this rule.

And what I'm telling you is that there is no specific threshold of physical separation that automatically puts marital union into question. Whether you're separated 1 month or 6 months, it puts marital union into question.
Also, applications with separations due to jobs are evaluated on a case by case basis and are not automatically denied.