Seattle, WA area tracker

Thanks for the update SeattleWA. I got a 'No Records' from FBI yesterday in response to my FOIA. Hoping to get everything done in Feb....

what is FOIA?

Hapless! said:
Thanks for the update SeattleWA. I got a 'No Records' from FBI yesterday in response to my FOIA. Hoping to get everything done in Feb....

Thank you guys for posting your experience, I have an interview coming up but I wonder what exactly FOIA is or how do you go about doing it befor the interview?

Thanks

FOIA = Freedom of Information Act...see Rahul Kumar's thread on name check.

It tells you whther the FBI has any record on u...it may or may not speed up your name check process....Rahul has documented all this very nicely in his thread...

good luck.

Next step after becoming US citizen

Now I am US citizen, we applied I-130 in 2001.
What are the steps to upgrade the I-130 petition? (My spouse is here, on H1B)
Can I directly apply I-485 now or do I need to wait for approval letter from INS?
Please help

Last edited by a moderator:
Upgrade I-130 petition

seattleWA said:
Now I am US citizen, we applied I-130 in 2001.
What are the steps to upgrade the I-130 petition? (My spouse is here, on H1B)
Can I directly apply I-485 now or do I need to wait for approval letter from INS?
Please help
Send a copy of the Naturalisation certificate with the receipt notice of I-130 and a cover letter to upgrade 130 to immediate relatibe category. Keep a copy of this and send it in with I-485 (adjustment of status), i-765 (work authorisation), I-131- advance parole (if she wants to travel- she would not need it as she can travel on her H1B) and affidavit of support with G-325 A with appropriate fees to your local district office ASAP.

Indian passport?

To day I received my US passport, what do I need to do with my Indian passport?
Do I need to return it to indan consulate at SFO or do nothing?

Responce from FBI -- FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov

We received responce from FBI for N-400.
here is the copy
Dear XXX XXXX:

I am responding to your email dated November 19, 2004, concerning your name check status for immigration purposes.

The FBI completed a name check for you on July 12, 2004, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Headquarters, Washington, DC.

Sincerely yours,

Michael A. Cannon/gmg
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division

How long did it take?

seattleWA said:
We received responce from FBI for N-400.
here is the copy
Dear XXX XXXX:

I am responding to your email dated November 19, 2004, concerning your name check status for immigration purposes.

The FBI completed a name check for you on July 12, 2004, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Headquarters, Washington, DC.

Sincerely yours,

Michael A. Cannon/gmg
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division
Hi there!
How long did it take you to get the email response from FBI? Thanks!***************************************

Seattle N400 delay

Hi guys, I need your input.
I applied for N400 5 yr continuous residence applied to NSC, DO in Seattle
PD 7/28/04
FP 9/9/04 in Seattle
FP cleared by FBI the same day and sent back to USCIS
No interview date as yet
In any other situation I could wait but my dad passed away recently and I need to go back for burial and rituals. Trip will take over a month. I want to get over with the interview before I leave.
Called NSC, could not say anything. How should I proceed. Appreciate your input in advance.
P

FBI name check

Hi Gurus, help me out!
I went to the Seattle DO, got an interview via InfoPass. The officer said my file is still at NSC. She checked the status and said the delay was in the FBI name check, as it came back "unclassified". She said there is nothing to do but sit and wait. I am thinking of calling NSC (does anyone have suggestions on which number to call?) and also sending a letter. I sent an email to FBI but still no news. Any suggestions? I am hard pressed cos I need to make a trip home.
Thanks.
P

pondicherry said:
Hi Gurus, help me out!
I went to the Seattle DO, got an interview via InfoPass. The officer said my file is still at NSC. She checked the status and said the delay was in the FBI name check, as it came back "unclassified". She said there is nothing to do but sit and wait. I am thinking of calling NSC (does anyone have suggestions on which number to call?) and also sending a letter. I sent an email to FBI but still no news. Any suggestions? I am hard pressed cos I need to make a trip home.
Thanks.
P
I know the fingerprints could be "unclassified", but the name check? :confused:

finger print unclassified

You are right. Called FBI again for FP and this time they said "unclassified" sent back to INS. Have not heard from NSC. Please advise on how I should proceed. Thanks.

pondicherry said:
You are right. Called FBI again for FP and this time they said "unclassified" sent back to INS. Have not heard from NSC. Please advise on how I should proceed. Thanks.
They will send you another FP letter to get your fingerprints done again. When was your first FP? If it's been a while, I would call the 800 number and ask them about it.

First FP was 9/9/04 six months ago. Called 800 number. They could not give info. Should I send a letter to NSC? Thanks.
P

pondicherry said:
First FP was 9/9/04 six months ago. Called 800 number. They could not give info. Should I send a letter to NSC? Thanks.
P
Well, they could at least send an inquiry on your behalf. That's what they usually do when they don't have an answer to your question. But, of course, you can do it yourself. I thought the officer in your DO would give you the FP appnt, but since he didn't, you probably need to send your inquiry to NSC.

Thank you Anahit. I may as well walk in to the DO next week to see if I can get fingerprint appt without letter from INS. What do you think?
P

pondicherry said:
Thank you Anahit. I may as well walk in to the DO next week to see if I can get fingerprint appt without letter from INS. What do you think?
P
I am confused. What do you mean you can get FP appt at DO without letter from INS. The DO is the INS District Office. :confused: