Seattle, WA area tracker

Seattle, WA area my timelines

Filed based on 4 years (NSC)
Priority date: June 21, 2004
FP date: Aug 3, 2004
Interview notice received date: Nov 10, 2004
Interview date: January 25, 2005

Thanks for the post seattleWA. This definetely lifts up my spirits...the processing dates site says they are processing applications from March 19th, 2004...your case shows that they might be faster than this. I am a month behind you...hopefully I will get my interview letter next month.

BTW, did your online status change at all?

Online status is same - no change.
Your N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was received on June 21, 2004. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 370 and 385 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

N400 - Updates in Seattle

I want to post my status on N400
PD: July 12, 2004
FP: Aug 27, 2004
Interview Date: Feb 07,2005

The online automatic status check tells me that it takes 378 days for this process, does anyone confirm?

Thx

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you get an interview date? you seem to be a bit ahead of me. I think the online status check system seems unreliable.

do you get an answer?

Do you get an interview date? you seem to be a bit ahead of me. I think the online status check system seems unreliable.

BTW, did your online status change at all?[/QUOTE]

National Name Check Program (NNCP) which is called IP at CIS. We passed interview on March 03, 2003 and have been waiting for IP to clear since then.

Good Luck

Interview Date Rcvd

Here is an update on my status -
PD - August 4th, 2004
Application Receipt Date - August 16th, 2004
Received in Mail - August 18th, 04
FP Notice in mail - August 28th, 04
FP Date - September 14, '04
Interview Letter Rcvd - Dec 8th. '04
Interview Date - Feb 17th, 2005

There are a cpl of interviews coming up in Jan and Feb. Guys, pl' post your interview experience once u r done with it.

Thanks a lot.

Folks in the Seattle Area...there are a couple of interviews this month and next...starting with Jan 13th :)...

Pl' keep posting your experiences here once you are done with it. It will be very helpful for the others...

Thanks a lot and best of luck to all of us....

jsjseata said:
National Name Check Program (NNCP) which is called IP at CIS. We passed interview on March 03, 2003 and have been waiting for IP to clear since then.

Good Luck

IP is 'Indices Popular'. Its the status of the name check. Not the check itself

Seattle interview on Jan. 13

We had our interview in Seattle DO on Jan. 13, 05. Here are the details for us:

Filed based on five years
File received by NSC and priority date: June 3, 04
Check cashed: June 9, 04
Receipt Notice dated June 15, 04 received in the mail on: June 17, 04
Finger Print Notice dated June 24, 04 received in the mail on: July 2, 04
Finger Printed on July 16, 04
Interview Letter dated November 5, 04 received in the mail on: November 12, 04
Interview on Jan. 13, 05 at 10 AM for me and 10:30 AM for my wife

We received a call on Jan. 12, 04 around 3:30 PM from Immigration officer saying that she is handling my case and the photos that I have submitted were not acceptable since it was taken with the eye glasses on. She wanted me to bring new photos without eye glasses on. And she mentioned that since I am going to bring in new photos any way then bring the photos with the new requirement as well which is the pose of the front of the face and not the right ear pose.

Showed up around 9:30 at the Seattle office. There were approximately 150 candidate for the naturalization interview on that day. The oath ceremony takes place every day for the one who makes the interview.

Called for the interview at 10:40. Very polite and professional immigration officer. She asked me to raise my hand and take a oath before sitting down. She asked me take out green card, passport and selective service registration card. She informed me that she has received my case about two days ago and that was the time she started to analyse my case. She realized about the photos yesterday and thus called me to bring new photos. She went through the application extremely fast. She stopped at the employer section and asked me if I work for the same employer which I responded in Yes. Since my employer is a foreign company so she asked me do I work from home in which I responded Yes as well. She wrote down on the application under the employer, "Work for home." She stopped again at the trips taken abroad and started looking into my passport for the trips. Since my old passport expired in July and I have received new passport, none of the trips mentioned in the application were mentioned in the new passport. She asked me about the old passport in which my reply was the old passport was kept by the embassy when they issued the new passport. She just ticked marked ok on all the trips and at the bottom wrote down, "work related trips." She asked if all the three children were born in the US, and I said Yes. She asked if they were going to school, and I said Yes. She wrote down on the application, "Children going to school in the US". Asked me to read a simple sentence (I don't remember what it was), and asked me to write, "My children live in the United States." She asked six questions from the 100 question and told me I scored 100%. She informed me at this time that when she was looking at my application two days ago, my FBI name check was not clear and she will check it again at this time to find out if it had been clear. She said unfortunately your name check has not cleared yet and gave me a sheet of paper saying you passed the interview, however, a decision can't be made until the name check is cleared. I should contact CIS if I don't hear from them in three months. She told me that my file will move to the record room and they normally check the update every two weeks to finalize the cases which are pending due to name check.

My wife was next with the same officer. Pretty much the same process, however, her name check was cleared and she was given a congratulation letter to attend the oath ceremony at 2 PM the same day. We were there for the oath ceremony which lasted for about two hours. 83 people from 33 different countries were naturalized on that day. Since we were travelling within the next 14 days so I took the apointment at the Seattley Passport Agency for Jan. 14. Applied for the passport at the Agency and received her passport within 2 hours with expedited fee of $145.

Please let me know if anybody has any question. Sorry for the late update because we were travelling and did not have access to the internet.

abd97 said:
Since we were travelling within the next 14 days so I took the apointment at the Seattley Passport Agency for Jan. 14. Applied for the passport at the Agency and received her passport within 2 hours with expedited fee of $145.
Congrats abd97 for finishing interview and good luck with namecheck.
My question is how to go about finding local pasport agency and what is the process of getting appointment for passport to get it in couple of hours. I am in process and waiting for interview but I will also need to get my passport fast and in person like you guys did. I am in San diego, by the way.
Thanks for your time!!!

Kind_SD said:
Congrats abd97 for finishing interview and good luck with namecheck.
My question is how to go about finding local pasport agency and what is the process of getting appointment for passport to get it in couple of hours. I am in process and waiting for interview but I will also need to get my passport fast and in person like you guys did. I am in San diego, by the way.
Thanks for your time!!!

Here are all the 13 passport agencies where you can apply in person with a proof that you are leaving or required to apply a visa within 14 days. The closest agency to San Diego is LA.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/agencies/agencies_913.html

Thanks for the update abd97. Did you request the FBI for a name check status? You might also want to file a FOIA to speed things up.

Thanks abd97 & Rahul for the passport info !!!

Thanks abd97 & Rahul for the passport info !!!
I guess I can drive down to LA shouldnot be a big deal :) :)

Seattle Interview details, Oath on Feb 1st 2005

Interview details:

Filed based on 4 years (NSC)
Priority date: June 21, 2004
FP date: Aug 3, 2004
Interview notice received date: Nov 10, 2004
Interview date: January 25, 2005 7:30 AM

Showed up around 7:00 at the Seattle office.

Called for the interview at 7:14.
Very polite and professional immigration officer.
He asked me to raise my hand and take a oath before sitting down.
Gone through N-400...
He asked me take out green card, passports, driving license.
He asked me Did you file all Taxes? I told "YES"

He asked me to write "This is mild winter"
He asked me did you read all 100 questions?, I told "YES"
He asked questions from the 100 question and told me I scored 100%.

What do the stars on the flag mean?
--- One for each state in the Union

Who said: "Give me liberty or give me death?"
---Patrick Henry

Can the Constitution be changed?
---Yes

What do we call a change to the Constitution?
---An amendment

How many amendments are there to the Constitution?

What is the Bill of Rights?
---The first 10 Amendments of the Constitution

What is the United States Capital?
---Washington, D.C

I was given a congratulation letter to attend the oath ceremony at 2:30 PM on Feb 1st 2005