Scanning green card at border post

darod2

Hi friends,
I have recently been out of the country by foot to mexico and while returning I noticed that the Immigration officer swiped my Green card in machine. I think this is a new procedure to track entry to US. I know in N-400 form one has to declare all the exits one had made out of the country with dates since GC. Will I have to declare each visit I made (even on foot) in this form, esp since INS can now verify(?) who went where on what date. Just curious what the gurus feel and if anyone else has experienced it and may have any light to shed. My issue is I have been out of the country too many times ( 2-3 times a yr) and need not want to declare all trips if it causes a problem, but now since they are tra king this, we go to really note all our dates.
Also, does one really need to obtain all speedign/parking tickets one had got in this country since we landed or since we got GCs. It is pretty tough to contact all the county courts to get the copies, they ask us to send a request in writing. Is there a central agency that can give our copies if I tell them the names of the county courts?
Thanks all..
Sunju

You always have to declare trips longer than 24 hours. There is no change.
And, btw, 2-3 times a year is not much. Lots of people travel much mor

How are they checking if the trip was less than 24hrs,since while going by foot to mexico, there is no immigration/customs check.

So many tickets???
Don't you keep records?

Actually I only have 3 tickets, out of which CA is saying they do not have it on record as it is more than 5yrs old,so if i cannot obtaina copy, am i still supposed to declare it. I was under the impression if you mention in form, then you have to show the copy which I do not have.
Thanks for your help.