Santa Ana Office Interview approved today. Home free at lasT!

Congratulations Apshroff...

I remember reading one of your earlier posts regarding "10 years of hard work being on the line". I guess it must be a tremendous relief to say the least.

For the benefit of others who may be in the same boat can you provide a few more details about your interview (e.g. did you take a lawyer? any special one? what type of questions were asked? what docs? etc, etc.).

Congrats again!!!

It was pretty gruelling!!!

It lasted for about an hour and a half. the main focus of the interview was that Jai my husband, did not have a valid working status since 2/2000. The officer was not comfortable that Jai had continued to work even after being out of status. So we said that we did not work and that we sold our house and supported ourselves. But when he asked for our tax returns, we slipped in the 2000 tax return by accident. At this point, our attorney changed and said thta he worked from home since there aer workers\' comp rules with working on the plant. He asked very thorough questions - educationn, degree, history of status, all that. Approved after an hour and a half. We thought that we were done for. Our atttorney is worth all the money that we paid.

Anyway, one piece of advice - if you file under 245i and then travel out of the country on advanced parole, you are abandoning the 245i privilege. That was a concern for us since we both travelled last year on AP and we had filed under 245i.

Anyway, the officer was nice but thorough. Good luck to all ofyou!!!!

its over- its done

water under the bridge

did the officer stamp ur passports ?

Hope he did that

Please reply

Congratulations !!!

Did the interview letter state what documents you need to take for the interview ? If so, we may get a hint why they want to interview us. Thanks for your input.

all the usual

i 797, degrees, financials - both yours and company\'s, evidence of shared life if married, medical, etc. our case was transferred because of 245i.