San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

gp111 said:
Check the exact timing in USCIS website, on average it takes 2 to 3 months most to get AP/EAD after filing of I-485.

You can take advantage of using AC-21 for changing jobs after 180 days of I-485 filing date.
Really? I thought AC-21 was applicable only if I-140 is approved.

HopeAlive said:

You are still on the same non-immigrant status even after 140 is approved. You can use portability only after 180 days after 485 is filed.

Hi,
Does some one know the following.
Have these BECs started approving the cases or they have been working on Sorting the Cases they received from SF.
Mine is a California case, PD May 2003. Not sure when I will hear an answer ?

HopeAlive said:

This is a long debated issue. In short, If the previous employer is supporting (not withdrawing I-140, answering RFE) one can change jobs after 180 days of I-485 even before I-140 approval.

Thanks gp111. Tey will not withdraw the LC application.Only problem is that if I leave my current employer and whenever my Labor gets approved - I don't think they would want to continue with the rest of the process for me ( I140 / 485 ) because I would not be their employee. And I am not sure if they would want to rehire me at that point of time if I walked out on them now.

gp111 said:
help4lc

SFO DOL RD is June 2003 - If BEC work as planned you can get the LC by Feb next year..assuming your case go to Phily & they send letters by december.. if it goes to Dallas, it may take little longer as Dallas is more backlogged then SF.

If I ware you & I was sure of current company not holding strong over next year, I would worry more about job then GC cause anyway It won't happen over the next year. If Offer in Maine is good, I would try to convince my current company not to withdraw the current LC application & go to Maine.. Apply for fresh LC there & see which one comes first & which one helps me in getting H1 extension if required. GC may be far then one year in both cases

worker_bee said:
You are still on the same non-immigrant status even after 140 is approved. You can use portability only after 180 days after 485 is filed.
Right, what I meant was: "I thought AC-21 was applicable only if 180 days have passed *and* I-140 is _approved_."

gp111, what's an RFE?

help4lc said:
Thanks gp111. Tey will not withdraw the LC application.Only problem is that if I leave my current employer and whenever my Labor gets approved - I don't think they would want to continue with the rest of the process for me ( I140 / 485 ) because I would not be their employee. And I am not sure if they would want to rehire me at that point of time if I walked out on them now.

If they would not withdraw LC & do not mind your further process (140/485) by your attorney (you will pay) , you can keep it as option if Maine takes long time ...

Hi GP11 ,
When do you think the BEC will start certifying CA-RIR applications recieved from SF-DOL.
My case in SFO-DOL had a RD of May 2003, and based on their recent message, the case is more likely to get transferred to BEC.
Unless a letter is received from BEC, is there any other way we can know what is happening with the case.
Appreciate your comment.

JRFF said:
Hi GP11 ,
When do you think the BEC will start certifying CA-RIR applications recieved from SF-DOL.
My case in SFO-DOL had a RD of May 2003, and based on their recent message, the case is more likely to get transferred to BEC.
Unless a letter is received from BEC, is there any other way we can know what is happening with the case.
Appreciate your comment.

I want to know either...

help4lc said:
Does anyone know if only cases from SFO DOL forwarded to Dallas / Philly BEC ?
What bout the other DOL Centers - any cases from other centers also forwarded to BEC?

It seems a lot of cases in SFO transfered to one of BEC. I heard that the BEC would send a mail to check case valid. If BEC does not receive respond in 45 days, the case will be cancelled. But how can we know the BEC has mailed the mail out, and we can check with our employer to make sure there is no problem since we have waited for two years ?

Any guy has any idea?

It should be specified in form ETA-750A, item 14.

howlongTowait said:
BS - Computer Science. My work experience did say anything about how many years were required. Where is this specified ? Is this part of the job description?

No Experience mentioned. I am assuming that means zero yrs of experince.- But for filing 140 the guys have asked me for experience letters from all my past employers.

How is EB2 , EB3 decided. Is this based on the yrs of experience ? and is this relevant ???

vvk01 said:
It should be specified in form ETA-750A, item 14.

gp111 said:
You can apply for I-140 as soon as your Labor gets certified & I-485 when the PD becomes current. H1 can also be extended on basis of pending I-140.
Second option, If you think your LC will get certified just before H1 expiry date, apply for H1 extension 6 months before expiry date & you will get extension based on pending labor. You need not leave country if you apply for extension (get receipt) one day before h1 expiry date.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the valuable advice Gp111.... After reading your replies in general.. I think You will be great as an immigration Attorney.. atleast than the one I had

gp111 and others please help

Please help by providing any information you know on what will happen
next to my case due to recent changes?
Thanks for your time

CA Labour application
---------------------
PD 08/2001
DOL RD 08/2002
Remanded to Regular on 06/2003
Sitting in regular queue since then.

Just be sure to keep an eye on that letter which your company HR/staffing guy would be recieving.We all need to be proactive w.r.t that...

Richard_sjsv said:
It seems a lot of cases in SFO transfered to one of BEC. I heard that the BEC would send a mail to check case valid. If BEC does not receive respond in 45 days, the case will be cancelled. But how can we know the BEC has mailed the mail out, and we can check with our employer to make sure there is no problem since we have waited for two years ?

Any guy has any idea?

my re-test report was filed a month ago, my attorney just told me that the officer for my case has left DOL, it will take longer.

Seems they are not only transfer cases, but also has some funding issue:

"All the contract clerical staff are gone. There are only two clerical staff remaining at DOL. In addition, Pandora Wong is gone due to a lack of funding. Re-test letters that were sent out by Pandora Wong may experience a slight delay as these cases will have to be assigned to another staff member" :confused:

howlongTowait said:
How is EB2 , EB3 decided. Is this based on the yrs of experience ? and is this relevant ???

If Line 14 of ETA750 (the labor cert form) says either a Masters dergree or BS+5 years experience, then you are considered a member with "Advanced Degree" (using INS' language) and this makes you eligible to file in EB2.

Look for a document that gp111 had sent out earlier on this thread; that discusses this issue in greater detail.

nk01 said:
Thanks for the valuable advice Gp111.... After reading your replies in general.. I think You will be great as an immigration Attorney.. atleast than the one I had

Absolutely!! I don't know what you do for a living, gp111, but I'm sure you'd make a great immigration attorney, better than most of what we guys have :)

alvin said:
Question regarding Job location:

I work for a "Consulting" company located in Fremont, CA and will be working at various client locations across the country (currently, working in PA) after the approval of the permanent residence application (if that happens :mad: )...........

One in a hundred cases might result in RFE for this kind of cases.. ( I have seen one in last two years... Which the company challenged & INS denied due to different reason )...

USCIS (INS) might ask your employer about willingness to hire you at the Corporate office letter & which can be simply justified.