San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

antonioa77

1- when BEc pick up most of the cases from SF till this day, which is november 2004, this means that they will process people who got their lc in SF queue till oct 2004 although other people in other regional or state offices are waiting since 2001. this is not a FIFO, this is a stupidity.

>>>>>>>>>>>> No, BEC has started the moste backlogged DOLS that are Dallas, PHily & SF.. soon they will also stransfer other DOLs... States will follow after DOLs complete the transfer.. They will not wait for one center to clear before transferring from other... just step by step transfer, merge & then FIFO... offcaurse two seperate SIFO for Case in DOL & from States (SWA)... I think this is fair systems & most people from 2001/2 will get advantage in this system

AussieBill said:
VERY Long time lurker...

Finally the AVM (now working again!) said the magic word "CERTIFIED"

Thanks for all the encouragement and info this forum provides, good luck to all of you!!

PD: Can't remember :confused:
RD at DOL: 03/13/2003
DOT: 999.151-031
Small company, no layoffs
Approved :11/01/2004 :D

How long is concurrent 480/485 taking now in CAL?

Congratulations...
Concurrent I-140/485 take 9 months on current average..

good luck

Thank you for the clarification. COuld you please also tell what were education requrements in your case? I believe there are a lot of people with BS+0 who was auto-remanded and don't know what to expect.

Thanks,

howlongTowait said:
Sorry, my mistake - should read 2003 and 2004.
My case was auto remanded in 2003.

Congratulations!

What are your education and work experience on your Form 750A?

AussieBill said:
VERY Long time lurker...

Finally the AVM (now working again!) said the magic word "CERTIFIED"

Thanks for all the encouragement and info this forum provides, good luck to all of you!!

PD: Can't remember :confused:
RD at DOL: 03/13/2003
DOT: 999.151-031
Small company, no layoffs
Approved :11/01/2004 :D

How long is concurrent 480/485 taking now in CAL?

Hello Gp111 and others,
Please help me with this scenario...
I had a question regarding EB3 date not being current after sometime next year.
Say a person is on the verge of completetion of 6 years and his labor is approved. But he won't be able to file 485 since 140 is not current. That means he can't apply for EAD. Under such circumstance (6 years completed or near completion), labor approved (so can't file for 1 year extension of h1 for pending labor) and can't apply for EAD(140 not current).....
so does that mean person will have to leave country ??
Any Idea what will happen in this case :-(

nk01 said:
Hello Gp111 and others,
Please help me with this scenario...
I had a question regarding EB3 date not being current after sometime next year.
Say a person is on the verge of completetion of 6 years and his labor is approved. But he won't be able to file 485 since 140 is not current. That means he can't apply for EAD. Under such circumstance (6 years completed or near completion), labor approved (so can't file for 1 year extension of h1 for pending labor) and can't apply for EAD(140 not current).....
so does that mean person will have to leave country ??
Any Idea what will happen in this case :-(

You can apply for I-140 as soon as your Labor gets certified & I-485 when the PD becomes current. H1 can also be extended on basis of pending I-140.
Second option, If you think your LC will get certified just before H1 expiry date, apply for H1 extension 6 months before expiry date & you will get extension based on pending labor. You need not leave country if you apply for extension (get receipt) one day before h1 expiry date.

Hope this helps

GP111 - similar advice please

Hi, (and thanks for helping everyone here :) )

My 6 years is up in October 2005 (11 months away), and as I said a few messages ago, I JUST got Labor certified :)

Given your 9 month estimate for concurrent 480/485 applications in Cal, do you have any advice in regard to filing extensions etc given 11 months to go?

Should I NOT file concurrent??
I am particularly interested in the effect on EAD AP issues.

If I have an EAD do I still need my H1 extended if I'm still waiting for 485?

I REALLY appreciate your assistance!

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
gp111,

H1 can be extended on the basis of a pending 140.

But in a situation where the 140 has been approved (and therefore no longer pending) but 485 has not been applied or pending because the PD is not current? Is it possible to get H1 visa extensions in this situation?

gp111 said:
You can apply for I-140 as soon as your Labor gets certified & I-485 when the PD becomes current. H1 can also be extended on basis of pending I-140.

xyr888 - question reply

xyr888 said:
Congratulations!

What are your education and work experience on your Form 750A?

Hi xyr888,

I don't have the paperwork, my company's Immig. Attorney has it, but I would guess it was BS +5 years at the time of applying.

I hope this helps.

Bill

AussieBill,

### do you have any advice in regard to filing extensions etc given 11 months to go? Should I NOT file concurrent?? I am particularly interested in the effect on EAD AP issues. If I have an EAD do I still need my H1 extended if I'm still waiting for 485?

--- You should ( why not !) do concurrent filing & not let go the chance of applying I-485 rightnow when dates are current. If I ware you, I keep on extending H1 till I get Green Card.. why, cause if something happens & for no reason my I-485 gets denied I don't have to leave the country ! When you do concurrent filing you can get EAD/AP way before I-140 approval & you will be able to use AC-21 if you need to..

Last edited by a moderator:
worker_bee said:
gp111,

H1 can be extended on the basis of a pending 140.

But in a situation where the 140 has been approved (and therefore no longer pending) but 485 has not been applied or pending because the PD is not current? Is it possible to get H1 visa extensions in this situation?

Not Clear yet because Dates are current this time... I would expect USCIS to clarify once the dates will not be current.

GP111 - you're amazing!

gp111 said:
AussieBill,

### do you have any advice in regard to filing extensions etc given 11 months to go? Should I NOT file concurrent?? I am particularly interested in the effect on EAD AP issues. If I have an EAD do I still need my H1 extended if I'm still waiting for 485?

--- You should ( why not !) do concurrent filing & not let the chance of applying I-485 rightnow when dates are current. If I ware you, I keep on extending H1 till I get Green Card.. why, cause if something happens & for no reason my I-485 gets denied I don't have to leave the country ! When you do concurrent filing you can get EAD/AP way before I-140 approval & you will be able to use AC-21 if you need to..

"When you do concurrent filing you can get EAD/AP way before I-140 approval & you will be able to use AC-21 if you need to"

Sounds cool, could you explain the timing pleeeeeeeze?

thanks so much!

Bill

AussieBill said:
"When you do concurrent filing you can get EAD/AP way before I-140 approval & you will be able to use AC-21 if you need to"

Sounds cool, could you explain the timing pleeeeeeeze?

thanks so much!

Bill

Check the exact timing in USCIS website, on average it takes 2 to 3 months most to get AP/EAD after filing of I-485.

You can take advantage of using AC-21 for changing jobs after 180 days of I-485 filing date.

BEC :recent process change

All:

My PD with SFO DOL is june.
Please help me how long will it take for my case with the recent process change.
Is there a way to check whether my case has been gone to Dallas or Phi.

Thank you.

BS - Computer Science. My work experience did say anything about how many years were required. Where is this specified ? Is this part of the job description?

vvk01 said:
Thank you for the clarification. COuld you please also tell what were education requrements in your case? I believe there are a lot of people with BS+0 who was auto-remanded and don't know what to expect.

Thanks,

gp111 said:
Not Clear yet because Dates are current this time... I would expect USCIS to clarify once the dates will not be current.

How long do you estimate that the dates will remain current for EB2 RIR??.Is there any likelyhood that it will be no longer be current in the near future??

hey gp111- some suggestion to me too

Hi gp111,
You seem to be helping everyone here. Please give me some advice too.

any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Here is my situation - SFO DOL RD is June 2003 - which means my case is forwarded to one of the BEC centers. My current company is not in that good a shape . Not sure how long it will last - 1 year or less. So, I am not sure if it will last long enough for the whole GC process ( I 140 / 485 ) .Anyways I140 . 485 is a long way now. No one knows how long my case in the BEC center will take to clear now...

There is another company willing to apply for my Labor from Maine. it's a more stable company.But it will be a new application from Maine.

Considering this confusing situation that has been created with BEC centers , NPC centers, PERM ...bla bla... I am so confused about whether to leave my current employer and join the company willing to process from Maine.

What is better - continue with current employer and SFO DOL or join new company and file new application from Maine ?

I have never been a position where I unable to make a decision - this is so frustrating.

Please advice .

gp111 said:

gp111,

Folks on this forum really appreciate your informative and helpful answers.

I just found an answer for the question about whether H1-B visa can be extended when 140 has been approved but 485 could not be applied because PD is not current. Looks like it can be done, and in 3 years increments.

Cases pending 140/485 and labor could also apply for H1 extensions in 1-year increments.

http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/beyond6.html

waitinginlimbo1 said:
How long do you estimate that the dates will remain current for EB2 RIR??.Is there any likelyhood that it will be no longer be current in the near future??

I haven't heard about possibility if PD retrogression in EB2 category in near future.. EB2/1 applications are always very less compare to EB3.

help4lc

SFO DOL RD is June 2003 - If BEC work as planned you can get the LC by Feb next year..assuming your case go to Phily & they send letters by december.. if it goes to Dallas, it may take little longer as Dallas is more backlogged then SF.

If I ware you & I was sure of current company not holding strong over next year, I would worry more about job then GC cause anyway It won't happen over the next year. If Offer in Maine is good, I would try to convince my current company not to withdraw the current LC application & go to Maine.. Apply for fresh LC there & see which one comes first & which one helps me in getting H1 extension if required. GC may be far then one year in both cases