San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even then, voicing your protest will be helpful in getting the DOL to do something about the cases of BS + 0 or MS + 0. I think it is unjust and discriminatory that only cases with experience is being recalled. What is the justification by DOL to suggest that jobs requiring experience does not have a contending USC/PR. Those jobs could be one of the many for which there will be thousands of USC willing to step in, while your case could be really a situation where no USC wants the jobs (The LC does not just determine if there is *no* USC/PR who qualifies, but it also determines that there is no *willing* USC/PR who wants the job).

If your employer and the lawyer are upto it, I see no harm in mailing out to DOL, and also getting others in similar situation to mail letters to DOL and possibly even to senators and congressmen/women should be a good step to get your LC approved.

You can continue your 7th year extension as long as your LC is pending, so that should not really bother you (other than your disruption that you will have to file for extension every 6 months, and plan your international travel around it.

Another piece of information is that there are talks about backlog reduction centers, though it is still not opened, it could reduce the backlog is local SESAs (at least as compared to current situation).

Good luck,

Originally posted by ksrinu
LCA_001 Thanks' for your info...

But my case is not employer remanded.
I don't know what to do... I am already on 7th year extension...
Really scary...

Regards,
Srinu

dol avm number

the phone number for the AVM is 415-975-4617. You need either you case number or employer's phone number. Good luck!

Re: CA - LCA in 15 days!!!

Originally posted by global_goonda
This site allows you to search for LCA status based upon various criteria.
http://www.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp

While playing around, I came across a case where the LCA was granted in 15 days total. 7 days in state and 8 days in regional. This was for an application received by State on 11/11/2003!!!

Look for yourself:

Enter 'University of California' as the Employer.
Enter 'California' as the state.
Enter the DOT code of 999.251.021
(this code is for a post-secondary teacher according to the results)

Being a postsecondary teacher is looking more and more attractive.

That looks like a part of the initial PERM pilot project in Northern California way back. No wonder it was approved lightning fast.

Re: Re: CA - LCA in 15 days!!!

Actually, this web-site works and gives correct data.
Its not part of the pilot PERM proj.
PREM in the output of the search result window stands
for Premanent Residency application.
I did not know my DOL case num till now, as our
HR was not ready to share it with us. But, I knew the exact
date it was filed on. So I ran the search and guess what
I could match the exact entry for me using the PD, HR person
name, and salary. Now I have the DOL case num too :)

Bhadri.

Originally posted by FunkyMonkey
That looks like a part of the initial PERM pilot project in Northern California way back. No wonder it was approved lightning fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Re: CA - LCA in 15 days!!!

Its funtastic, We dont need to dial in AVM or look at DOL Site updates.

After a few random searches on Bay Area Company's (Every one knows who they are ) we can easliy find out DOL are processing september/october 2002 cases recieved at DOL.

Caution :
Have a big heart while browsing and be positive for looking only to "certified" otherwise you may see more of you dont want to see.

1.Just enter few first alphabets of any one company or your company :In or Su or H
2.state : CA
3.Case recived by state :1/1/2001 ( play around with this field)

The results are Sept/October 2002 cases are being Certified

Have Fun

Originally posted by bhadrinath
Actually, this web-site works and gives correct data.
Its not part of the pilot PERM proj.
PREM in the output of the search result window stands
for Premanent Residency application.
I did not know my DOL case num till now, as our
HR was ready to share it with us. But, I knew the exact
date it was filed on. So I ran the search and guess what
I could match the exact entry for me using the PD, HR person
name, and salary. Now I have the DOL case num too :)

Bhadri.

Information

This site only has case status up to 12/03/2003. Where as the AVM is kept current. It will take some time for this site to update the information.
If you are looking for current (latest status) check the AVM. If you want to see trending then the site might give some idea.

DOL SFO

THANX NICETO5785,

999 151 031
march 2003 ...................
i think it shd take atleast one more year from sept 2002 to march 2003 , as on nov 2002 dol was into month aug 2002, and dol today is still on sept 2002.

DOL Timings

Changes in DOL Processing Times for RIR Cases

The January 2004 update of the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) processing times on the DOL website shows significant regression in the Reduction In Recruitment (RIR) processing date in some regions, particularly in the San Francisco region. The San Francisco DOL office now states that it is currently processing RIR applications received in May 2002. In December 2003, DOL indicated that the San Francisco office was processing RIR cases received in November 2002.

The change in processing dates is a result of the implementation of DOL’s November 2003 memo providing procedural guidance to DOL’s regional offices on the processing of alien employment certifications. In response to the memo, DOL’s regional offices have recalled thousands of RIR cases that were previously remanded to the states. As the regions integrate returned remands back into their RIR processing queues, we expect that processing dates will continue to change.

---------------------------------
From Jackson-Hertogs.com

Certified -- finally

Case # : 095367xx
DOT Code : 999.172-072
DOT Description : Electronics Engineers, Except Computer
Received Regional Office: 11/20/2002
Local office: : 12/11/2001
Current Status : Certified on Februray 9, 2004

I received the letter from lawer today.

MS + 3 (?) years experience
Small company with around 10 people during filing

Re: Certified -- finally

It seems that DOL is processing November 2003 case without remand now.

Originally posted by 008
Case # : 095367xx
DOT Code : 999.172-072
DOT Description : Electronics Engineers, Except Computer
Received Regional Office: 11/20/2002
Local office: : 12/11/2001
Current Status : Certified on Februray 9, 2004

I received the letter from lawer today.

MS + 3 (?) years experience
Small company with around 10 people during filing

Need Help

Hi All,
I just found out that the Labor Department has replied to my lawers with the following request

RIR:76. Received DOL notice regarding test of labor market

I was hoping if I could get some information from the people who have gone through this process, does any one know what is the next step, and how long does it take for the whole process to get completed. I would really appreciate any kind of help. By the way my job requirement is Bs + 4 Years. For some reason 2 years back my lawer filed my application under Bs + 0 years. To test the market, can he change the requirements. I will appreciate any kind of help and information., I am sure a lot of people have gone through this step.

Thanks,
Kashif

Help needed

Hi All,

My case was filed with Bs+2 years requirement and DOL wants to retest the market. I have few questions

What do they normally require for the restest of the market?
Do the cases with the retest normally go through?
How can I work with my lawyer to make sure all the holes are covered?

If this does not go through even after the retest my lawyer plans to appeal for the case - and i will be completing my six years in Feb next yea. If my labor is in the appeal state will I still be granted a 7th year extension?

Any help from all the experts in this forum will be really appreciated.

What actions should I take for 3-option letter?

My attoney informed me today that they just received the 3-option letter for my LC case. My company seems to be reluctant to retest the market. Any suggestions for how can I assure my company to take the retest -market option, or what else can i do if they finally refuse to post an Ad on local newspaper?

Here is the detail about my case:
Sep 6, 2001 - RIR filed with SESA
Aug 1, 2002 - Received Assessment Notice from SWA
Aug 29, 2002 - Filed Response to Assessment Notice with SWA
Sep 9, 2002 - Received Transmittal Notice of RIR to DOL
Oct 23, 2002 - Received confirmation of receipt of RIR transmittal from DOL
Jul 11, 2003 - RIR remanded to traditional labor certification

This was an automatically remanded case. The case was recalled by DOL, and the status on AVM is "the case has been returned by the state after remanding, the status is posted on Jan 2, 2004. And tody my attoney received 3-option letter.

The company is a big IT company in silicon valley, with some layoffs in other departments (not my department) in the past. The requirement for the position (Software engineer) was MS degree + 0yr experience.

My educational background is MS in CS and I have 6 months of US industry experience before joining the company.

Thanks a lot!

Re: Help needed

To Mkmunir and Wishes and Luck:

>>>>> What do they normally require for the restest of the market?
Your company has to post the advertisement for the position your H1 and consequent GC, was needed for. This ad has to be posted for some fixed period. And, all the resumes that are received have to be dis-qualified v/s your resume with reasoning provided for all the resumes. In some cases, the resumes of laid off American worksers have also been asked for. Basically they have to prove that your resume is the best. After all this is done, this "retest" results are sent back to DOL which will review the data and take a decision. NOTE that if too few resumes are disqualified, I have heard that DOL rejects it for lack of sufficient recruiting efforts.

Recently a provision has been made that allows the employer to refine the advertisement for yor position, but you have to retest the market again, etc. I do not know of anybody who has done that.

>>>>> Do the cases with the retest normally go through?
Of about 5 cases I know of, 4 have been REJECTED. My retest results were sent to DOL 7 months back, and there is absolutely no news at all. So, I do not have good news. But, others probably have better experiences based on their company, layoffs if any, etc.

>>>>>How can I work with my lawyer to make sure all the holes are covered?
The lawyer does not have much to do here. He/she will just pass on the retest results which the company provided.
More important is the role of your company and manager. Some divisions in my company have refused to retest the market, and some have done it. Some managers refuse to do it, if they expect a very high no of resumes which they have to go through. And for some, it probably is difficult, from a personal standpoint, to justify this.

Best of luck guys.

Re: Re: Certified -- finally

is it true DOL IS PROCESSING NOVEMBER 2002, if any body else got certified pl update us...
thanx

Last edited by a moderator:
lsk_gc

Thank you so much for your response.

Has any of your friends applied for an appeal after there case got rejected?

And if they apply for appeal can we apply for 7th year extension?

Hope your case come through.

Hang in there all will be well.

Re: lsk_gc

>> Has any of your friends applied for an appeal after there case got rejected?
Nope. All of them have finished the process of creating a new application and the lawyer will be reapply after the 6 month time gap expires. .

>> And if they apply for appeal can we apply for 7th year extension?
Dunno. Sorry. Most of the data I have is for people who have atleast 1.5 yrs left on their H1.

>> Hope your case come through.
At this point, I want to know what the result is, one way or the other. I am hoping that it will get through, but from the data I have I doubt it. If I come to know about it, I can atleast change companies (wishful thinking??) and reapply with the experience gained in the current company && ** before PERM kicks in **.

Best wishes for you too.

Re: Wishes&Luck case

>Has any of your friends applied for an appeal after there case got rejected?
H: My got rejected and my lawyer has appealed it.

>And if they apply for appeal can we apply for 7th year extension?
H: yes. In my case 7th extension was filed before rejection decision.

Wishes&Luck can you provide your Labor details (like, see my signature)

Is that true?

My company just received 3-option letter from the DOL for my RIR case, I discussed the possibility of writing an assesement to the DOL to change the job requirement or something else. My lawyer told me that if we do so and the LC application is finally rejected, the entire company will be disallowed to file any LC cases for 6 months. Is it true?

Anyone has a reference to the actual rule regarding to this? What my lawyer said really conflicts with my understanding based on common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.