San Diego : Oath Ceremony Dates

AKish

Registered Users (C)

Any one scheduled for July/August Oath Ceremony in SAN DIEGO. I'm waiting for my oath letter for more than a month. Every time I call 800 number and talk with second level IO, they say its waiting to be schedule, once my DO schedules it, I will receive my Oath Letter.

I think the next Oath Ceremony for Chula Vista Office is on July 29th and for the Golden Hall its on July 22nd.

I was just wondering, if any one has been schedule for these dates.

Thanks

Same Story Here

Akish,

Same story here with me. I had my interview on 05/19 (Downtown) and oath on 06/24 (Golden hall). My wife had interview in Chula Vista 06/04 and no oth letter yet. I get the same response whenever we call second level IO.

One of my colleague in office got the oath ceremony letter today for his wife on 07/15 at Golden hall. It is not on 07/22.

Hope this helps.

Happy waiting :)

Thanks worktp

I'm in same boat. My wife completed her oath on 6/24.

Did you colleague's wife attended her interview in Downtown? I'm guess the delay in only in Chula Vista for some cases.

Downtown

Yes you guessed it right. She gave her interview in downtown and my wife in Chula Vista. My interview was in downtown and got done with my oath sooner... something fishy about Chula Vista

No Progress

I called today and learned that she was put in que on 06/24 for oath and not scheduled so far....I don't know what's taking so long....one of my other friend got an oath letter for 07/29 in chula vista .....oh well!!

Name Change?

Akish,

Any progress? Have you applied for name change? If so, it can only be shceduled in downtown. My wife has applied for name change and I am guessing it will be the next time oath cermony take place in Golden hall ...as we already missed July 15th date.

Still Waiting....

In my case my middle initial was change to my actual middle name, since IO its should be either no middle name or middle name and no initial, so its the middle name change.

But my wife also had name change(Last Name), but still she completed her Oath in Chula Vista

I'm thinking of going for InfoPass. Did you know, which option to select? I think none of these options are for our type of case.

Did you call the 800 number or local office? Not sure if 800 guys know local ceremony dates.

Surprising your wife had a name change and got a oath in Chula Vista. IO told my wife that due to name change she will have to go to downtown.

I have never scheduled an infopass before so cannot help you on that side.

Did they tell you on what date you were placed in que for interview?

BTW, my wife is changing here middlename as my first name and last name to my last name

I will call them tomorrow get more info on the queue and which date

BTW my wife also changed the middlename and lastname.

Akish,

Did you get a chance to call to find out date you were placed in que for oath ceremony? Just curious....:rolleyes:

IO was not aware of any specific date for the queue. He just had the information that, its in the queue for last 3 weeks and no further processing is required, except scheduling for Oath Ceremony, which is done by the local DO.

When did your friend completed the interview, who is schedule for 7/29 Oath in Chula Vista?

Well the interview for my friend on 06/04 too. I am still confused after years of dealing with USCIS ...how two applications with the same status have different outcomes....

The wait becomes more frustrating especially when one of the two is done and other is waiting.....right????:mad:

EXACTLY.... I would have preferred if both completed on the same day. I will wait for couple more weeks and then I will schedule for InfoPass. I will keep you posted.
Thanks

Akish,

As fas as we know that name change can only take place in front of the the federal judge in the courthouse...then I am wondering how your wife completed oath in Chula Vista. Was there any judge present at the time o oath for her? It's reallly confusing man.....

Please advice. Our summer plan is just screwed because of this unneccessary waiting....:confused:

No. There was no federal judge. The officer who took my wife's interview said, changing wife's name to husband's last name is normal and since it was added (name change) in our N400 application right from start. All the necessary procedure where done before the interview. There were lot of ladies with my wife having the name change in Chula Vista. So I don't think its only done in Downtown.

I think the wait is just random. I'm going to wait for couple more weeks and then I will schedule the InfoPass.

My wife is still waiting patiently for hers. I am thinking it will be in August ... hopefully if not further delayed. Keeping fingures crossed :)

Did you get the letter?

Akish,

Did you get the invitation/letter yet? I have been waiting for mine for two and a half month now. As I read it appears that Chula Vista office is very slow. I had my interview on 06/12/09 and I didn't get a ltter for the oath yet.

When I call 800 number they say to wait. I made an appointment thru infopass. No help there either-they told me to wait as well and come back in 3 weeks if I don't get anything in the mail.

Frustrating. Does any one know when is the next oath in San Diego? I see some people say 07/22 and 07/29?

Good luck to all.

Any one scheduled for July/August Oath Ceremony in SAN DIEGO. I'm waiting for my oath letter for more than a month. Every time I call 800 number and talk with second level IO, they say its waiting to be schedule, once my DO schedules it, I will receive my Oath Letter.

I think the next Oath Ceremony for Chula Vista Office is on July 29th and for the Golden Hall its on July 22nd.

I was just wondering, if any one has been schedule for these dates.

Thanks