San Antonio Stamping Info Required

gcAwait

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,

Does anyone have any experience stamping passport forr GC in San Antonio TX, please post here.

Also what documents are required and is there an appointment required.

Thanks and Regards,
GCAwait

Stamping Experience: San Antonio, TX
Arrived at the BCIS office at 7:50AM. We called last week for an appointment. An appt. is not required but
recommended especially if one arrives on a day when the office is crowded. I called the 1-800 # to setup an appt.

My appt. was for 8:00AM and my wife's for 8:30AM. As soon as you enter the waiting area you check in with the
agent on duty there. He/she will take your I-485 approval form, APs and EADs. We submitted all 3 of our APs &
EADs, last I-94, passport and 2 photos. We were given separate tokens. This was at 8:00AM. The wait time on my
token said 0min and my wife's said 2 min.

I was called to a counter at 8:15AM. The officer there found fault with my ADIT style photos and asked me to
get a new set from a guy in a room across from the waiting room. Its $11 for 4 pics. Cash only. The new pics,
IMHO, did not look any different from my older ones but were accepted by the officer. If you ask me its all....
He checked my home address and asked for a contact phone number. I was finger printed twice and submitted 2
specimen signatures. The fingerprinting was the old fashioned ink pad on to paper way. I submitted the pics
and was asked to wait to be called again. After about 10min I was called and he explained the stamp on my passport
and told me that the card would arrive in 1 year. He also gave me a photocopy of the official approval letter.

My wife was called to a different counter and the lady there accepted her pics and went thru the same rigmarole of
fingerprinting and signature and was told that the card would arrive in 1 year.

We were out by 9:00AM. Total actual time spent talking to a BCIS agent was about 10min apiece. Overall a positive experience.

Hey Bags3
Thanks a lot for the reply.

Why should they take away the original approval letter ?

Regards,
GCAwait

no clue. at some point you stop questioning their madness and accept it. There probably is a method to their madness. You still have your courtsey copy and a photocopy of the official copy (with the official received stamp on the photocopy).

Also we got our cards 19 days after stamping. Msg changed to card ordered 12 days after stamping. Msg changed to card mailed 15 days after stamping.

HTH

Hey bags3,

Were you asked any questions like how u came to USA ? , When did U get married ? And those typical interview questions ?

Just want to make sure that I am not going there unprepared if they ask these questions ?

Regards,
GCAwait