San Antonio: Namecheck complete; interview scheduled.

rwsh

Registered Users (C)
Yipeeeee !!!!!! Patience is indeed a virtue. I was just getting ready to start the frustrating and probably futile process of phone calls/Infopass etc etc. to check my N-400 application status and lo and behold ..... the Interview Letter arrives. Maybe light at the end of this long, long tunnel ????????

Regional office: Mesquite, Texas
Local office: San Antonio, Texas

• 28th July 06: N-400 application mailed
• 7th August 06: Resubmitted with correct check (first check based on incorrect data on USCIS web site)
• 9th August 06: Check cashed
• 14th August 06: USCIS acknowledgement with application number (17 days from first application)
• 15th August 06: Fingerprint (FP) notification (only 1 day from acknowledgement; missed FP date due to absence from town
• 31st August 06: Request to reschedule FP
• 5th September 06: Proactive visit to the FP office as a “walk-in” (17 days from original notice; 22 days from application acknowledgment)
• 20th April 07: Notice to attend interview (227 days from FP; 249 days from application acknowledgment. Note: file was not removed from USCIS status site)
• 9th May 07: Scheduled interview date. (268 days from application acknowledgment).

Lessons learned:

1. My straightforward situation has meant that the process has, so far, not been difficult. No lawyer needed so far. However, I might use a lawyer for complex or ambiguous situations
2. Be prepared for the USCIS to operate with lightening speed. If away from town do not have post office hold mail but have friend/relative receive mail and check all USCIS communications.
3. In emergencies, just showing up at the FP office as a “walk-in” does work.
4. As the Khanna forum has indicated, removal of the case status from the USCIS website is not a reliable indicator that the interview letter is imminent.