Salary very high in LC application.

ram2007

TR LC filed in 2003, the lawyer has put the payrate very high. Recd the RI (march 2007) and the lawyer insists we have to stick with the same salary and cannot put the minimum prevailing wage. in the newspaper advt. Is this true ? My employer does not want to place the advt with this salary as he feels it will attract more applicants. The AJB posting also has the high salary.

Can the salary in the advt be changed to reflect the prevailing minimum wage in that area? Can the job desc be modified slightly to include new technology ?

Any suggestions.
Thanks.

TR LC filed in 2003, the lawyer has put the payrate very high. Recd the RI (march 2007) and the lawyer insists we have to stick with the same salary and cannot put the minimum prevailing wage. in the newspaper advt. Is this true ? My employer does not want to place the advt with this salary as he feels it will attract more applicants. The AJB posting also has the high salary.

Can the salary in the advt be changed to reflect the prevailing minimum wage in that area? Can the job desc be modified slightly to include new technology ?

Any suggestions.
Thanks.

I think your lawyer is right. The only person who can have problem with this is your employer. If your employer is ready to pay you higher salary, no one should have objection.