Salary is deducted after I140 filing

hsn101

My salary is deducted for 10% due to economic turmoil. It is a company-wide deduction. What is the impact on I-140 and subsequent I485 application? I got two opinion from two different lawyers. One says ok, another say no.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Is the salary you mentioned in Labor more than what you receive now?

If yes, then I think you should get an agreement with your company that you would be getting the atleast the pay on the labor once you get your greencard.
If no, then there is no problem.

GC is for future employment.

If your employer can give assurance that once the GC is received, you will be given the specified salary it is ok...

Yes, salary is lower than what stated in Labor

So, I need to have the salary at the time I get the GC, not when I apply I485 (adjustment of status).

Am I right?
Thanks a lot

not ok

This is what I found: (this is not a legal advice.)

I assume you applied GC and still working on H1.

1. if you are still on h1, the salary reduced should NOT be less then specified(Prevailing wages) on labor, remember this is h1 labor, not GC labor(both labor are different.I think one is called LCA and other LC). So, check your h1 labor papers, you will find out this prevailing wages specified. As long as reduced salary not below this prevailing wages, you are ok, otherwise....sorry, I don\'t know. I guess you need new labor, which means new h1....don\'t know...check with Attorney.
2. If you are not on h1(I don\'t know what other status you can have, may be using EAD?), what ever other people said works fine, in other words, as GC is for future job, once you get GC, they must pay min. amount specified in your employment letter that you submit along with 485.

Important is to compare&check you H1-labor papers for prevailing wages.
Hope this helps.

r2b.

I\'m on H1, LC for GC is the pervious higher salary

So, if my current salary is higher or equal to LC for H1, though my current salary is lower that the one on LC for GC, is it an OK?

Thanks again

Maybe

INS may question your company\'s ability to pay the offered salary. Since they reduced the salary, it certainly would appear that they are having a difficult time paying it. It may not be a problem but if INS makes an issue out of it, the company better be able to convince INS that they are really willing and able to increase your salary to the salary stated on the LC.

Jim

Regarding salary reduction

There are two things one is the actual salary u were getting at the filing of LC and the other one is the prevailing wages at the time of filing the LC. The prevaling wages is not mentioned anywhere on the LC. It has to be determined from the LC approval (ETA 750) wherein the DOL would have filled up the job category code under which the labor certification is done. Ur salary should not be below the minimum salary for that category. that\'s all. i was in the same boat as u were while filing my I-140. my approval came through without any RFE\'s or any questions. so be cool and don\'t worry about it.

Do you have problem when you file I-485??

Thanks for your input. How about I-485? Any problem in I-485 filing with reduced salary?

Same answer- maybe

INS can question why you are not making the offered wage, particularly if the position is the same and your salary was reduced. If the employer cannot show the ability, and convince INS of it\'s intention, to pay the offered wage INS may deny the I-485.

Jim