Sacramento - Judicial Oath Ceremony (Name Change)

pitas

Hi everyone,

Had a question on Naturalization Oath Ceremonies in Sacramento, CA. Does the Sacramento Field Office have Judicial Oath Ceremony any more? (even as a special ceremony, as they seem to have changed to Administrative Oaths recently). The reason I am asking is because, I would like to change my name and that requires a Judicial Oath Ceremony. From reading many online posts, I know I absolutely need to get the "Name Change" Court Order certificate, and hence there needs to be a Judicial Oath Ceremony.

Can someone share their recent experience with changing Name in Sacramento? Things have changed recently, so ideally looking for some experience in 2013 or possibly 2012.

Thank you!

I found something for you:
http://blog.uscis.gov/2012/01/naturalization-oath-ceremonies.html

At September 15, 2013 at 2:18:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...
I had my interview last monday in sacramento ca, I requested to have my name changed while filling out the N400 form, but the person told me uscis don't do name change and I need to go to the court myself. After the interview, she asked me to go to the oath ceremony the following tuesday, which is not locate in a court. I was not sure if this is right, can someone tell me what I can do to change my name?

You'd better check it out from reliable sources before your interview. As far as I know all DOs in north California don't accommodate name change anymore. Not 100% sure about SAC, but from the quotes I found online I don't feel it optimistic. If your DO only does administrative Oath, very likely you will be informed your name change request is denied. Then the officer will strike out your request on the N400 form. I just had my interview in SF and that is what happened to me and I feel so frustrated about this.