S. 1932 Status

lateguy said:
Friends:
Please help me answer this. Since there is no Visa number available, What is the pobability for someone in 1140 stage can file EAD & 485 ( at least)

Sorry if this question being very basic.. but I am thinking of some miracles here like,
1. All of a sudden Visa number gets available for the next fiscal year
This is fixed number. They will not be available unless the visa numbers are increased
2. The service center processes so quickly and the date becomes current
The service center will not process anything unless the numbers are available.

Other than the possibility of Feb bill, what is the probability of this happening?

Thanks

Think about it like this. You are in a queue for a movie ticket. You may not be able to see the next show if there are more people in front of you than seats available. We are asking for more seats. No matter how fast the clerk issues the tickets there is a limit

What can service center do without visa numbers.

I like your example ;-) Just in addition.
Even if the clerk sells you a ticket (filing I-485 even if PD is not current), you will not be able to come in the theater because lack of seats. Anyway you will need to wait until the movie is over (end of FY) and the next scheduled show (new FY) starts. However, if you're in the end of the line, you might probably wait for a long time, until you ticket will be "current".

RajGC said:
Think about it like this. You are in a queue for a movie ticket. You may not be able to see the next show if there are more people in front of you than seats available. We are asking for more seats. No matter how fast the clerk issues the tickets there is a limit

What can service center do without visa numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
February Bill

Guys,

No miracles is gonna happen. Keep paying your lawyers. So called AILA members. AILA will come with only bad news which only make your life hell. The Only people can talk to goverment. Look at creation BEC , PERM all this bull idea. AILA did say anything. They like see $$$$$$$$$$$$ only.

Now come to Immigration Reform: Long way to go. If anything pass in this bill will become law by end of 2006 then you will have to wait for infinite time after filing 485 because all service center will be busy to process $$$$ from million of guest worker. Who cares your 485.

NO HOPE :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Please help me answer this. Since there is no Visa number available, What is the pobability for someone in 1140 stage can file EAD & 485 ( at least)

Sorry if this question being very basic.. but I am thinking of some miracles here like,
1. All of a sudden Visa number gets available for the next fiscal year
2. The service center processes so quickly and the date becomes current

Other than the possibility of Feb bill, what is the probability of this happening?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

From the responses of the Senators and Congressmen it appears, that they are not properly educated about the difference between H1-B visa and the employment based Immigrant visa. LET US HAVE A STRATEGY IN PLACE to make this work for us in Feb 2006. Lets all of us on the forum give our ideas in the same and develop a roadmap to address this issue in the coming month.

Some of my thoughts are that we should make it a point that there is a personal representation to each and every senator and Congressman about this issue.

Also if we can find a Lobbyist who can put forth the issues faced by the legal immigrant community. Someone in this forum has a contact with a lady who drafted Section 8001 and 8002 and S1932, for instance, probably she should be contacted to find out the best way to get the lobbying done.

Media should also be involved to highlight the plight of legal immigrants community as also the issues faced by them.

I also suggest that among the people on the forum, lets decide, who will be responsible for making presentations to which Senator and Congressman in the next 2 weeks and will also need volunteers who have contacts in Media!I am in New Jersey and am willing to take this step forward. Let me know who all from New Jersey are wanting to share this platform with me. IF WE GO FOR A GROUP COORDINATED EFFORT, WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE NEXT QUARTER!

Black Day

BLACK DAY
Prepare a website(A page that has the bullets with all our problems and issues we are facing, A survey or poll for our colleagues to vote and support our cause, an email server, some contact us form, links to media articles and reports, no forum--we should stick to this forum).

How about planning a black day all over the country in a very publicized way to attract media attention?

Quit work or go to work with a black dress?

Wear a badge that shows our website address and a Logo that has all the demands what we are actually demanding?

Ask all our colleagues at our client place to fill in a poll/survey at the website to show support.

Ask our employers to call the senators and sign petitions.

All of us should sign a single petition online. Not faxing. We should take printouts of the PETITIONS and meet the local house reps and senators. Have group meetings.

We should observe such publicized black days 2-3 times in a 2 months period or so.

Should meet the media..fox news/cnn/ and other news channels and air some interviews explaining the problems we are facing and questioning the politicians why they are indifferent to our issues?

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
"Compete America is a coalition of over 200 corporations, universities, research institutions and trade associations committed to assuring that U.S. employers have the ability to hire and retain the world's best talent......"

why not competeamerica.org doing the number crunching, lobbying etc. Or is it a just a pretty faced puppet of immigration lawyers?

Is anyone from CompeteAmerica reading this thread?

They did not update their website once the s1932 passed the judiciary committee. They are just watching the happenings with a good GUI website.

Pateketu said:
"Compete America is a coalition of over 200 corporations, universities, research institutions and trade associations committed to assuring that U.S. employers have the ability to hire and retain the world's best talent......"

why not competeamerica.org doing the number crunching, lobbying etc. Or is it a just a pretty faced puppet of immigration lawyers?

Is anyone from CompeteAmerica reading this thread?

CNN, FOX......bla, bla does not care of legal immigration. Just cancel all this channel get only basic not pay for this crap. All H1B should get ride of all this channel and save money for your self. :mad:

ram_ram said:
BLACK DAY
Prepare a website(A page that has the bullets with all our problems and issues we are facing, A survey or poll for our colleagues to vote and support our cause, an email server, some contact us form, links to media articles and reports, no forum--we should stick to this forum).

How about planning a black day all over the country in a very publicized way to attract media attention?

Quit work or go to work with a black dress?

Wear a badge that shows our website address and a Logo that has all the demands what we are actually demanding?

Ask all our colleagues at our client place to fill in a poll/survey at the website to show support.

Ask our employers to call the senators and sign petitions.

All of us should sign a single petition online. Not faxing. We should take printouts of the PETITIONS and meet the local house reps and senators. Have group meetings.

We should observe such publicized black days 2-3 times in a 2 months period or so.

Should meet the media..fox news/cnn/ and other news channels and air some interviews explaining the problems we are facing and questioning the politicians why they are indifferent to our issues?

Any thoughts?

Lobbying

Guyz

May i request everyone that visits this forum to stop by "http://www.nripost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321&page=3" and check it out. There seems to be more action oriented efforts brewing up. It will be great if we synergize.

They have a lobnbyist in the mind, and how much is fund is required and they also have a plan. This is the same lobbyists that got the AC (American Competency Act) passed in 2001.

Please visit. I am a native of this of this forum and vist the ISN Forum occasionally

Plan to resolve Retrogression.

All Members,

This is highly motivated group. Lot of members on this forum has this burning desire to achieve something good. This thread initiated by 'sunjoshi' has been great portal to connected individuals affected by retrogression.

Based on the creative ideas presented on this forum, I have compiled a rough document towards initiative to create a plan for moving forward. The attached document is just a rough draft to start this effort and there maybe repetition in tactics section. Please forgive me for that.... and leave that to the core group to sort out.

Moving forward here is what I propose:

No effort can achieve any success if the effort is not coordinated and well organized. And here we are talking about changing US Constitution. I do not think it is much useful to simply do what we have been doing in the past i.e. making calls and sending faxes in an uncoordinated way. I think we can do better and really create the impact with organized effort. To achieve this we need group of individuals who have shown commitment and motivation in this forum. I propose following group (I have deliberately excluded myself from this group not because I am not ready to take responsibility but because I do not want to create this false impression as if I am bullying the effort. So I would request to not write back telling that I am not taking any responsibility.).

## Create a Core group of that consist of sunjoshi, pdakwala, indio0617, spgtopper, indionozdam, neha_wal, stucklabor, khodalmd, pallu2004, kalimmigration, rucshaca, mydearcard, gth999, ram_ram, jamiw75, Hopeful_123, Canadian_Dream. This group will initiate and plan the effort. First thing is to exchange emails and phones where these members could be reached. Organize a conference call tomorrow evening at 8:00 pm or any other time suitable to these members at the earliest. The members of this group will travel on personal resources to Washington to meet decision makers.##

(I am ready to travel to Washington and other places anytime and put in $5000 on behalf of anybody with financial resource deficit rather than motivation deficit. I do not want to create a false impression here.... I struggle everyday to meet my ends.... But I think this is a very important issue).

And if any member wants to be part of the core group, just know that by expressing that desire you are the member of the core group. I just created this list of core group members just because there has to be some beginning and this guidance from these individuals has been immeasurable to this forum. I invite suggestion and ideas from all the members and especially from the members listed above because they have to express the commitment before the effort could initiate. If anybody do not want to part of this or want to put in effort the way it is right now, well that can go in parallel to this effort.

And if anything written here is offensive to anybody, I sincerely apologize because the intent of this is not to offend anybody.
This is just the beginning.... Please participate.

WaldenPond

Absolutely what I wanted to tell here. Guys Can we exchange our phone numbers privately ? As such you can send me email on black_logs@yahoo.com
I urge you geys, let this energy not fade. Let's get together, we'll do what's in our capacity.

WaldenPond said:
All Members,

This is highly motivated group. Lot of members on this forum has this burning desire to achieve something good. This thread initiated by 'sunjoshi' has been great portal to connected individuals affected by retrogression.

Based on the creative ideas presented on this forum, I have compiled a rough document towards initiative to create a plan for moving forward. The attached document is just a rough draft to start this effort and there maybe repetition in tactics section. Please forgive me for that.... and leave that to the core group to sort out.

No effort can achieve any success if the effort is not coordinated and well organized. And here we are talking about changing US Constitution. I do not think it is much useful to simply do what we have been doing in the past i.e. making calls and sending faxes in an uncoordinated way. I think we can do better and really create the impact with organized effort. To achieve this we need group of individuals who have shown commitment and motivation in this forum. I propose following group (I have deliberately excluded myself from this group not because I am not ready to take responsibility but because I do not want to create this false impression as if I am bullying the effort. So I would request to not write back telling that I am not taking any responsibility.).

## Create a Core group of that consist of sunjoshi, pdakwala, indio0617, spgtopper, indionozdam, neha_wal, stucklabor, khodalmd, pallu2004, kalimmigration, rucshaca, mydearcard, gth999, ram_ram, jamiw75, Hopeful_123, Canadian_Dream. This group will initiate and plan the effort. First thing is to exchange emails and phones where these members could be reached. Organize a conference call tomorrow evening at 8:00 pm or any other time suitable to these members at the earliest. The members of this group will travel on personal resources to Washington to meet decision makers.##

(I am ready to travel to Washington and other places anytime and put in $5000 on behalf of anybody with financial resource deficit rather than motivation deficit. I do not want to create a false impression here.... I struggle everyday to meet my ends.... But I think this is a very important issue).

And if any member wants to be part of the core group, just know that by expressing that desire you are the member of the core group. I just created this list of core group members just because there has to be some beginning and this guidance from these individuals has been immeasurable to this forum. I invite suggestion and ideas from all the members and especially from the members listed above because they have to express the commitment before the effort could initiate. If anybody do not want to part of this or want to put in effort the way it is right now, well that can go in parallel to this effort.

And if anything written here is offensive to anybody, I sincerely apologize because the intent of this is not to offend anybody.

WaldenPond

And if I am add, we are now on page 230 of this thread. It is becoming difficult to go and search something on this thread. Sinc 'sunjoshi' created such a successful thread, I would urge 'sunjoshi' to do the honors and start new thread and post it's name on this thread. Just a thought ....

And if I am add, we are now on page 230 of this thread. It is becoming difficult to go and search something on this thread. Since 'sunjoshi' created such a successful thread, I would urge 'sunjoshi' to do the honors and start a new thread and post it's name on this thread. Just a thought ....

Here is the latest post of www.immigration-law.com

12/19/2005: Still Trembling from the S. 1932 Shock Wave

* This reporter is still struggling to wake up from the bad dream that he had gone through. He keeps wondering why the big guys including fortune 500 businesses and large educational institutions more or less slipped away from the push after the passage of this bill in the Senate. In fact, there was a sign of switching gear from recapture issue to the comprehensive immigration reform and more or less accepted the idea that the visa numbers for legal immigration would be better off being a part of the comprehensive immigration reform process. They may realize by now probably it was one of their big mistakes. By next February or thereafter, they will realize that their turn of the strategy was misguided by the anti-immigration forces. "Divide and Conquer" and "Delay and Kill" strategies of these forces perfectedly worked.
* It is a sad day but the process should never cease. After all, it is a part of the political "process" which should not end at a given time spot. We will wake up and continue the march afresh and more forcefully.

Business community took lightly and anti-immigration forces won. The lawmaker didn't exhibited vision for this issue.

Looks like its going to take another 10 years to get GC

I am totally depressed...I dont think this will end very soon.......

anil007dc said:
I am totally depressed...I dont think this will end very soon.......

Hello anil007dc,

Please do not be depressed. I urge you to please use this energy towards attaining success at the next hurdle .... You appear to be from DC .... you know everybody on this forum needs you ....

Great Idea Waldenpond,

How about, we form new association like " American Employment base Immigrant association" (AEIA)

WaldenPond said:
All Members,

WaldenPond

khodalmd said:
Great Idea Waldenpond,

How about, we form new association like " American Employment base Immigrant association" (AEIA)

That is an excellent suggestion khodalmd.

We need first member from the core team to come forward and accept the commitment readily so that one could set example for others .... Please accept commitment and encourage others to do the same ..... Please .... We must create a strong core group ....