RTD - how long

annv

Registered Users (C)
How long does it day to get RTD these days. Recent years it took me 6-8 weeks to receive RTD, but it looks that it is getting to be much longer than that nowadays...

according to USCIS Service Center Processing Times - USCIS Nebraska Center 01/22/04, they are processing asylee 1-131 upto july 07, 03

Does anybody know why they have "dramatically" slowed down? They used to issue the document in 2 months and now its taking 6-8 months. one more headache!

My RTD ND is 06/16/2003 and they sent me an RFE asking me to show proof of my current status even though I had sent my expired RTD with my application. I sent my reply and they received my RFE on 01/05/2004 and I am still waiting!! No clue why the delay!!

InQ4GC

Originally posted by InQ4GC
My RTD ND is 06/16/2003 and they sent me an RFE asking me to show proof of my current status even though I had sent my expired RTD with my application. I sent my reply and they received my RFE on 01/05/2004 and I am still waiting!! No clue why the delay!!

InQ4GC

InQ4GC,

Did you send in your asylum approval letter? I don't think the expired RTD alone is sufficient.

I did what I did for all my past three renewals....just an application form and the old RTD. My wife who did exactly same got her RTD but I got an RFE. On receiving an RFE I sent them my GC approval letter and white card stamp copies showing I am still an asylee eligible for RTD!! Hope I get the RTD as we badly want to take a cruise vacation.

InQ4GC

Originally posted by Lazerthegreat
Does anybody know why they have "dramatically" slowed down? They used to issue the document in 2 months and now its taking 6-8 months. one more headache!

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. They are afraid that a terrorist would get the document and would have to get OKs from the intelligence people before approval.