RIR is not accepted

jrekso

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
DOL of Pennsylvania is not accepting my case under RIR. The reason is because the high tech industry is in bad shape now, with many lay-offs.
It\'s a pending matter now. They have notified my HRD Director that the job must be advertised to see if there are US Citizens available who meet the specific qualifications (regular process). They will send all the instructions to do the job advertisement to my HRD director. I heard that they\'re doing the same thing in NY and NJ

Any thoughts?
Can anyone tell me what my options are? I\'m currently on H-1B till Oct. 2004.

Thanks a lot. I\'m keeping up my spirit.

does it mean ...

that they denied your RIR application ? Or they are not accepting it (I mean they have found a query) ? Could you please update ?

Has to gone through the regular process

The application was not denied.
The DOL only wants it to be advertised in the local newspaper, but it can\'t be done until they say so. So, my HRD director is waiting for the detail instruction from the DOL.

What are my chances to get the LC? Any thoughts on the regular process? How long?

Thanks

RIR request was rejected

To clear up...
The LC application was not denied, but the request for the RIR was rejected. So, we have to gone through the regular process, starting at a point where we need to advertise the job.

Thanks

jrekso - Pl. Give Details of employer

So what kind of company do you work for (large, small, startup, very large etc.). Has you company been recrruiting for a while? Have they done a lot of RIRs before? Please let us know so we can draw some conclusions!
Thanks and all the best to you.

The same happened to me also...

NY Regional DOL has not accepted my RIR and now it is asking my lawyer to give ad in sunday\'s newspaper (they think that the qualified people are available now in this market), and all the applications(resumes) will go to SESA and then SESA will send those resumes to my employer and then my employer will have to give the reasons for hiring/not hiring any one from those resumes.

This is going to waste my 2-3 more months to get my labor certified (provided that the we don\'t receive any resumes or if we receive, the candidate does not qualify for this job).

This type of issue just started with DOL (since last week) and now DOL is asking employers\' to give the advertisement as they think the qualified people are available in the market.

Gook luck to every one...
I thin

my firend has excatly the same problem. She had advertised on Sunday, and sent the report back 2 mon

NY/NJ/PA probably the same

Yes, that\'s exactly what they ask here.
The PA Labor only wants it to be advertised for one Sunday in the local paper here, but it can\'t be done until they say so.

When do we get the instruction, after they gave the notification (round mid January)?

Please keep us updated. I\'ll do the same

All the best to you!

What cases for Nor RIR labor are handled in Philadelphia (PA) now?

I applied for Non RIR labor on Septmber 2000 and still have not heard anything. Does anybody know how long it will take to get Non RIR labor in Philadelphia (PA) area for Non RIR?

Thanks in advance
Srini

AD instructions and final report

Ad instructions given in Feb 2001 and final report was submitted to Philadelphia (PA) Labor in April 2001. But the labor has n\'t yet cleared. What might be the reason for the delaying in Labor Certification.

Thanks,
Srini.