RFE: Vaccination issues

Raman700

Hi,
  I applied for my wifes GC as a dependent on me. I already got my green card recently. But they had sent a RFE to redo all the medical examination for my wife. My wife was pregnant at the time of medical checkup in 1999. So she hasn\'t done the necessary X-Rays, vaccinations at that time. The skin test showed +ve for TB at that time. Currently they are running short of TD and MMR vaccines, So they gave her a letter stating the Nation wide shortage. The only vaccine she could get was Varicella.
  I am thinking, probably she might have taken a few of these vaccines already in India (but I am not sure what vaccines she had). I might be able get the immunization records from India.

My question is, Do INS hold up issuing her green card when they have vaccine shortage? If soo, can the vaccine history from India be used to show that she had the immunization (We didn\'t provide this history at the time of her first medical checkup during pregnancy in 1999).

Any comments will be appreciated, Thanks.

same here

am in the same boat; i just got an RFE for td. i initially could not take it coz of a national shortage and as you say there still is a national shortage. Don\'t know what to do either????? don\'t know if i have to wait until the shortage is over with...which could me until the summer time??? i hope someone can help us with some insight on this? anyone s\'il vous plait????

Ask your doctor.

Another way to see that you are immunized is to get your MMR titre in blood checked which will show that you are immune or have taken vaccination in the past. But you have to ask your INS physician if that is an option. Otherwise you have get your immunization record I guess.

All you need is a clean report from INS Doctor

Show the proof of Vaccinations which you got in India which should be suffix enough. You can get the info from your family Doctor or any doctor for that matter.... For +ve tb skin test ,your wife may have to take Chest X-ray .... Speak with INS Doctor about your requirement...

INS need a clean medical report that\'s it.

Same medical related question..

My wife was pregnant at the time of filing 1485 and 3 shots has been waived. The skin test was -ve and the medical record has been sent to INS.
After pregnancy she took the shots at the hospital and we didn\'t sent the new record to the INS.

Is it mandatory to sent the medical report again with new record ???
In this situation, whether she will get RFE or not.

Any Sugessions and experiences are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I was not able to get the TD/MMR vaccine records from India

Thank you guys for posting your experience/knowledge.
   I tried, but I am not able to get my wifes TD/MMR vaccination records from India (she might not have taken these vaccines). In \'US\' they are running short of TD & MMR vaccines. But, we got a letter from the doctor stating that they are out of the vaccines.
   Would INS hold up the GC issuance till the vaccines are available or would they issue the GC because it is a National Shortage? Does any one know?

Answer To \'April Filer\'

My attorney told me that we can\'t re send the Medical Report unless we get a RFE. In my friends situation his attorney resent the medical reports even with out an RFE. When they send the RFE, they will ask you to send in the RFE number they issued along with the medical report for a quick identification. INS receives a lot of letters every day. So, If you send with out this RFE number they may or may not put it in your records.

Hi, can someone help me pls.
I could not find my medical records. they are probably 9 years old anyways.
i got my medical done. TB skin test was + and the Xray was negative.
I had to take 3 shots Td, MMR and varicella.
I am about to send my medicals to the USCIS. my question is:
will they adjudicate a decision on my 485 (priority date is current, all the rest shoudl be fine) or will the USCIS ask me to finish all my series of shots AND finish the 9 months treatment based on the + TB skin test?