RFE response and case status update FYI

bjorn

Registered Users (C)
Just as an FYI, my wife submitted an I-485 RFE response (TB skin test as we expected - she was pregnant during initial medical and could not do the TB test), and only 2 days following her mailing of the RFE response the USCIS updated her case status that they had officially received the RFE response. I am encouraged by how fast they officially received it and updated her case. Service Center is Vermont.

anxious_one
Thanks. I also got an e-mail from a US Senator's office who is calling the USCIS on my behalf to get more information on my case. Because the USCIS now oficially had received the RFE response, she promised to call the USCIS early next week and try to get the USCIS to finally approve our cases

Yes, I'm telling you. After I wrote a long letter to my US senator, explaining my case and my situation, he wrote me a long letter back, which included a personal committment to have his office assistant me with frequent cals to the USCIS to ensure that things are progressing in a timely fashion. As it turns out, the promise to help me was just not lip service, but actually true.