RFE on mother's BC

Atlanta_Brother

Registered Users (C)
My friend's mother submitted 130, 485 and 131(Advanced Parole) together. She is a Pakistani National who was born in India in the 1940s.

Since she didn't have a birth certificate, she submitted 2 letters of affidavits from relatives and a letter from Pakistani authorities on non-availability of birth certificate.

USCIS has sent her a RFE (yellow form) for missing birth certificate.

It appears the document from Pakistani authorities was most likely not accepted because she was born in India. Does she need to submit the non-availability certificate from India, and if so what is the fastest method to get that certificate?

Does anyone on this board have similar experiences or suggestions they can share?

The sooner you guys get back, the sooner we can work on getting this RFE back to USCIS. Again your quick response & your valuable time is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

First of all, why you haven't schedule an Infopass. No actually why are you not calling 1-800 for USCIS , RFE line.
You have to dial 1-800-375-5283 after you choose English and no introduction then you select option 2, option 4, option 2, option1, your case #, option 1, option 1.

This is cool, it will take you to the IO at the service center which they know better than anyone else. They should be able to tell you what exactly they want.

I don't know what I would do besides calling them, lets see what Bob says. Vorpal wake up man.

No luck calling cust service line

Yep, called that cust service number. The officer was not much of a help. There doesn't seem to be an available date for infopass at San Antonio DO in the near future and plus my friend has to drive with his mother about 85 miles to get to his DO in San Antonio. If anyone has experience on what to send or how to proceed with this issue, please get back as soon as possible. Again thank you folks for your valuable time.

Yep, called that cust service number. The officer was not much of a help. There doesn't seem to be an available date for infopass at San Antonio DO in the near future and plus my friend has to drive with his mother about 85 miles to get to his DO in San Antonio. If anyone has experience on what to send or how to proceed with this issue, please get back as soon as possible. Again thank you folks for your valuable time.

Hi Atlanta_Brother, was her birth not registered in India or does India not have records of Pakistani nationals born in India before the 1947 split?

Both my parents were born pre-1947 in India too. Like many, their birth took place at home and thus no records exist. Upon migration to Pakistan, their first school records and affidavits from elder relatives replaced the need for BCs.

does India not have records of Pakistani nationals born in India before the 1947 split?

Had the same issue for my mom

My mom is also a Pakistani born in India. I went to the Pakistani consulate in Boston and they made a birth cert for her. Since this was an RFE I sent out the birth cert and she had no issues and now has her GC.
I had no problems with this.
Also do you have any relatives in India? They could get a non availability cert for you.

My mom is also a Pakistani born in India. I went to the Pakistani consulate in Boston and they made a birth cert for her. Since this was an RFE I sent out the birth cert and she had no issues and now has her GC.
I had no problems with this.
Also do you have any relatives in India? They could get a non availability cert for you.

dadude: I am exactly in the same situation and found your response helpful. Can you let me know some details on who you contacted at the Boston consulate and what did you need to do to get the birth certificate. Any insutructions/details on the process would be helpful.

I met with an attorney this week and she suggested that I get a no-records certificate from Karachi and an affidavit from an elder and that should work, but judging from this thread, the Atlanta Brother already tried that and it didnt work.

Your detailed guidance on getting the BC from the consulate would be tremendously appreciated. If you'd rather reply in a direct email, please let me know.

Thank you.