RFE on I-485

value1

Registered Users (C)
I need an advice from experienced gurus in this forum,

My NIW base I-140 (not concurrently) was approved last year. TSC has recently issued RFE on I-485 for me and for my wife. Since I have not received it yet, I have no idea what is in it. My big concern is EVL. Even though I am employed with same company for the past 3.5 years but there is 20% pay cut for the past 7 months in my salary (like everybody else in the company) because of financial ups and downs in the company. Last year when I applied for I-485, I was on 100% salary and I submitted job letter with 100% salary. Now I am worried. If my RFE asks for EVL then how I am gonna response to it. How would TSC react when I submit EVL with recent salary? Any ideas or suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Value1
Don't worry until you need to. You can get a RFE for medicals or legal status (I-94 or pass.stamps) or other stuff. If you do get EVL, can't they help you in your company providing the info USCIS needs?
Good Luck! Keep us posted.

mvusa said:
Value1
Don't worry until you need to. You can get a RFE for medicals or legal status (I-94 or pass.stamps) or other stuff. If you do get EVL, can't they help you in your company providing the info USCIS needs?
Good Luck! Keep us posted.

Sorry for asking a silly question.
What is NIW and what is EVL?

Regards,
gcfordesi04.

NIW --- National Interest Waiver
EVL --- Employment verification letter

In the RFE I got recently, USCIS needs me to provide evidence that I have been (and hence will be) working in the same field that I claimed in my original NIW app, so I just asked my former and current employer to provide a letter stating my start/end date (to prove continuity of my work) as well as my job description. Although those letters have my salary info, I personally think USCIS cares more about the continuity of your work than your actual salary. So in my opinion, a 20% cut is not going to be a big deal. If the EVL states your salary, I would just put a statement in the RFE cover letter to explain that. After all, your NIW is based on your work, not your salary, which is different than the traditional LC-based application.

Good luck,