RFE for EB1 I-140 - help please!

Sophya

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I just received a document entitled "Request for Evidence" for my EB1 petition in the outstanding research category, RD 3/21/2008.

the only thing they have asked for is for me to provide a letter from my departmental chair verifying that I was offered a "permanent" position (which i was, but probably wasnt so clear in my letters).

My question is, how do I know if this is a request for INITIAL evidence or FURTHER evidence? Does the need for this letter count as an absence of "initial" documentation without which they cannot review my petition? Is it likely that they will review my application again and i will get more RFE's???? Or is this it (with approval not far away i hope?)

My case status online for this application says "Request for Additional Evidence Sent"

I don't think there is anybody on this forum who could possibly know the answers to your questions definitively. We all can only speculate, as can you. The only thing you can do is respond to this RFE and see what happens afterwards!!

Look at your RFE letter, Generally they mention about your case details, particularly the evidence which you have sent. If they did not receive any material, then you could have asked, no supporting material received. Gernerally, it is RFE not RIE

Hi,
I just received a document entitled "Request for Evidence" for my EB1 petition in the outstanding research category, RD 3/21/2008.

the only thing they have asked for is for me to provide a letter from my departmental chair verifying that I was offered a "permanent" position (which i was, but probably wasnt so clear in my letters).

My question is, how do I know if this is a request for INITIAL evidence or FURTHER evidence? Does the need for this letter count as an absence of "initial" documentation without which they cannot review my petition? Is it likely that they will review my application again and i will get more RFE's???? Or is this it (with approval not far away i hope?)

My case status online for this application says "Request for Additional Evidence Sent"

From whatever little I know I would just send them what they want instead of wondering what their real intentions are. In my I 140 application I did include a seperate letter from my dept chair along with Or letter/s etc. The letter contains details of permanent employment(salary, position etc) togetherwith some description of the dept I work in such as how large the dept is and some other details. My case is still pending and it would be presumptious to claim that what I write here is precisely what they want. So I will call it a guess.

tlkb

Employment in permanent position is a prerequisite for your category (EB1- Outstanding Researcher).

I would therefore presume that this letter would constitute initial (reqd) evidence.

That said, you may never know, since the officer may have already made a decision, pending the arrival of your letter.

same RFE

I have received teh same RFE (evidence of "permanant position") and would liek to know the list of documents required for the same. I had filed in th texas service center. Also if anybody has information on teh significance of the RFE in the decision please let me know.

Hi,

I would agree with Nikka..it is absolutely essential documentry evidence needed as first place ............Officer is confuse about some thing related to that letter......you can post content of that letter to get feed back................You can do following to make your position very clear with officer ...............submit letters from department chair clearly mentioning about permamnet position you may get format from this forum easily..............along with that also submit letter from ur immediete boss (if he/she is not same as first), director of research, departmental HR, and university human resources (most powerful)....if all say same you have approval....don't spend too much energy on what officer is thinking....