RFE for EAD for not writing names on the back of photos, I guess

BP

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

I got an RFE for the EAD. I received it today and it says

" Please submit two(2) color photos taken within 30 days of the date of this notice, and which conform to the attached specifications. Using a pencil or felt pen, lightly print name (and Alien Registration Number, if known) on the back of each photograph . "

I did not write name in the back of the photographs initially when I submitted for EAD and also for 485.
Did this REF come because of not writing the name in the back of the photographs for EAD ? And moreover am I going to get an RFE for the same reason for 485 photographs also ?
Can somebody please tell me how many photographs we have to attach initially when filing for 485 and EAD ? Do they have to sign each one of them ??

I really appreciate your time and help.

Good day
BP

No Title

Hi Guys,

Is this possibly true?
Are we supposed to write the names at the back of the photos?
What else has to be written.

Thanks

What happens if...

Hi guys,

I guess i\'m in the same boat too. I\'m the primary applicant and i recently filed for my husband as a follow to join applicant on our own. We did not write his name at the back of the pictures either so i guess we should expect an rfe. I did have a question though, if one applies on his own, what r are the max. #\'s of mistakes that are allowed to be corrected. I mean if there are a lot of mistakes do they simply reject the application or do they just send u that many rfe\'s? Is there a risk of not being allowed to re-apply or something. We have tried our best to include all the requirements on the forms for am kinda nervous. We overlooked writing the names on the back of the pictures, what if there are more that we\'ve missed. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. Please advice if you may have any knowledge on this.

thanks
hope99

Did you recv the RFE or your attorney?

AVM says addn\'l info requested,
I am still waiting for notice

Just checked with my attorney

He said that you dont get an RFE for not writing the name on the back of the photos. Any thoughts?

I hope that\'s true

If that\'s the case than that\'s great, \'cause i\'m pretty sure i\'ll get an rfe for something or the other since i filled out the forms myself. I just hope that i haven\'t made any stupid mistakes. In anycase wish everyone all the best and good luck

regards
hope99

Still Waiting for the notice..

Spoke to IIO couple of times this week as well as last week and was told that the application was marked for REF on Dec. 6th in the system but the AVM is still not updated and the notice is still not sent out. I am wondering when will i receive the notice and how long does it takes to update the AVM.

My experience

Hello

I have got REF for EAD card about photographs in March 2001. I don\'t think that writing a name on the back of the photograph is a issue. The main issue is your photograph doesn\'t meet INS photo specifications. These specifications can be found REF letter or many other web sights. Once I have submitted new photos for EAD, I got my EAD card in a month from.

My I-485 was approved in Nov. I got a REF for my Birth Certificates not for photographs. So, don\'t worry that your EAD card REF for photographs will also generate I-485 REF. During the stamping of the passport (after I-485 approval)you need to submit photographs again for green card anyhow. So, photo submitted with I-485 application doesn\'t carry much meaning.

You need to submit 2 each photograph for EAD and I-485 application (total 4).

Hope this helps.

Hari13

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I think that writing the name at the back of the photographs will help to locate the photos for the particular application if they are misplaced. I don\'t find any other uses other than this. But again, INS can put aside all this logic and issue an RFE.

My experience

Hello

I have got REF for EAD card about photographs in March 2001. I don\'t think that writing a name on the back of the photograph is a issue. The main issue is your photograph doesn\'t meet INS photo specifications. These specifications can be found REF letter or many other web sights. Once I have submitted new photos for EAD, I got my EAD card in a month from.

My I-485 was approved in Nov. I got a REF for my Birth Certificates not for photographs. So, don\'t worry that your EAD card REF for photographs will also generate I-485 REF. During the stamping of the passport (after I-485 approval)you need to submit photographs again for green card anyhow. So, photo submitted with I-485 application doesn\'t carry much meaning.

You need to submit 2 each photograph for EAD and I-485 application (total 4).

Hope this helps.

Hari13
Hello Hari did you upload the photos online or did you mail them using usps or ups

Buddy I realize it’s 12 yrs old but there’s no other forums which answer it. Just trying to get help from wherever I can
Okay "buddy". Good luck getting a response from someone who has not logged into the forum in over 12 years :rolleyes: