RFE: e-mail message AND status update

bjorn

Registered Users (C)
I have read on this forum that people have received an I-485 denial due to NOT responding to the RFE sent by the USCIS. I have also read that several people claim that they never even received the RFE and therefore could NOT respond. In order to avoid this, ensure that you check your online status frequently as a status update will be there notifying about an RFE being sent to you (it does NOT explain the nature of the RFE, however). Also, turn on the automatic e-mail option as the USCIS sends an automatic e-mail to you - if you turned the e-mail otioon on - about the RFE being sent to you in the mail and that if you do NOT receive the RFE within 14 days to call the USCIS. Just a tip to ensure that you do not get denied due to letters lost in the mail.

bjorn said:
I have read on this forum that people have received an I-485 denial due to NOT responding to the RFE sent by the USCIS. I have also read that several people claim that they never even received the RFE and therefore could NOT respond. In order to avoid this, ensure that you check your online status frequently as a status update will be there notifying about an RFE being sent to you (it does NOT explain the nature of the RFE, however). Also, turn on the automatic e-mail option as the USCIS sends an automatic e-mail to you - if you turned the e-mail otioon on - about the RFE being sent to you in the mail and that if you do NOT receive the RFE within 14 days to call the USCIS. Just a tip to ensure that you do not get denied due to letters lost in the mail.

Great tip! I will add to that and say setup your email to send you a text message to your cell phone when you receive an email from USCIS. For example, I set up my yahoo email to send me a text message if I receive an email with the words "Case Status" in the subject!

I usually receive the text message within seconds of receiving the email :D